Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: civil war era tent grommets. other odd brass pieces
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
couple hours in my colonial/civil war era site.
first item is an odd little half round brass thingy , no idea what it may have been, but it is pretty interesting.
then the next item is a tiny brass piece with a crown and W.P. on one side and what looks like OO in the other side. any idea who the Crown and WP represent ... ??? .
next is a small 4 holed pewter button. and half of a flat button.
a small two slot draw reed, obviously not a harmonica so if anyone knows what it went to ... thank you .
a flattened piece of copper plating, a few fired and a nice dropped round ball.
an odd screw cap to something with a hole in the top.
and grabbed the piece of bottle just because i liked the very old top. the lip was separately attached, and really old, wish i could have got the whole bottle.
and some shell casings and shot gun brass. and a couple large pieces of lead ( wheel balances found on a trail home ) and two links to a hand forged chain .
Last photo, i noticed some text on the other small brass piece as well ... ???

[attachment=4203][attachment=4204][attachment=4205][attachment=4206][attachment=4207][attachment=4208][attachment=4209][attachment=4210][attachment=4211][attachment=4212][attachment=4213][attachment=4214][attachment=4215][attachment=4216][attachment=4217][attachment=4218][attachment=4219]
(11-16-2014 05:13 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Cool stuff Bones. Maybe the reed is actually part of a music box or something like that.

Thank you .
I think the 2 slot reed board goes to an accordion. from what i can find they have the same 2 slot reed boards. most sound tines on a music box stick out so they can make contact with the roller, and would likely be on the same side ..
couple pics down on this page ...
http://www.siskovski-melos.com/repair_and_service.html

just my guess ....
Can`t go getting greedy and grabbing all the coins and buttons at once.
gotta leave something to dig tmro ... Wink
Reference URL's