Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: I could upgrade my T2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The ugrade for the T2 is now available. I could have mine upgraded for $309. I don't know if it's worth it. If you add what I paid for it and the cost of upgrade it's almost enough to buy the brand new one. Would a new one be better than an upgraded one? I don't know. Maybe an upgraded would be better because it's receiving personal care. I have been considering selling the T2 and trying something else, but it would also be fun to try the new upgrades. CHOICES Think

http://www.tekneticst2.com/upgrade.htm
looks like you have a bunch a research ahead of you. gonna be mixed opinions to that question im sure ... i think i would go with the new as there my be items in the new which may not be switched out in the upgrade. if the upgrade is designed to make an old detector function and act like a new model of an old detector, then i see no reason not to just switch out for the new. if some of the features will not change , i would see which features would be more useful to your hunting and go with that model ...new or upgrade ...
Well Will that's a tough decision. I just looked at the options available and to me, as I see them, it's all gobbledygook cause I don't own a T2 and haven't a clue as to what they mean. I will say that I give Teknetics credit for at least offering options that could enhance the machines performance. Without trying to second guess their engineers they must have really looked at the system and found good ways to improve it and instead of plugging a new machine into their lineup they are giving the owners a chance to upgrade at a cost lower than what a new machine with the options would be. Which in my opinion is a great idea. I mean if you look at it from the use standpoint, $309 is not too bad a price if the upgrades really do the job. If you use and own the machine for 10 years that's a $39 cost per year. Another plus is it's trade or resale value in the future. If you do go for it make sure you keep all the documentation so if you ever trade or sell it you have it available to the new owner. If you feel the options are worth the upgrade I'd go for it because it sounds like in essence you'll get a brand new machine back. And maybe you'll use it more often too!

Ed
I would wait a month or two. Reviews are starting to show up from individuals that have had the upgrade done on their 75's. It will be interesting to see if it's all blush or a real improvement. I had a love/hate relationship with my 75 but it was more a soil issue than EMI. If you're not having issues there , the upgrades may be a waste of money and time. Do you really care if you have a digital serial number? I  haven't figured the value of that out yet. Don't you already have the PI? , don't need the cache mode.
The best part of the "upgrade" might be the transferable warranty as far as resale goes. I don't understand why FT couldn't do that all along like other detectors instead of demanding an extra $100 to get it.
(11-18-2014 11:11 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]looks like you have a bunch a research ahead of you. gonna be mixed opinions to that question im sure ... i think i would go with the new as there my be items in the new which may not be switched out in the upgrade. if the upgrade is designed to make an old detector function and act like a new model of an old detector, then i see no reason not to just switch out for the new. if some of the features will not change , i would see which features would be more useful to your hunting and go with that model ...new or upgrade ...
This upgrade should make my old T2 exactly the same as the new one. It's basicly taking a first generation T2 and making it a 3rd generation. It will add alot of features to an already good machine.

(11-18-2014 11:23 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Well Will that's a tough decision. I just looked at the options available and to me, as I see them, it's all gobbledygook cause I don't own a T2 and haven't a clue as to what they mean. I will say that I give Teknetics credit for at least offering options that could enhance the machines performance. Without trying to second guess their engineers they must have really looked at the system and found good ways to improve it and instead of plugging a new machine into their lineup they are giving the owners a chance to upgrade at a cost lower than what a new machine with the options would be. Which in my opinion is a great idea. I mean if you look at it from the use standpoint, $309 is not too bad a price if the upgrades really do the job. If you use and own the machine for 10 years that's a $39 cost per year. Another plus is it's trade or resale value in the future. If you do go for it make sure you keep all the documentation so if you ever trade or sell it you have it available to the new owner. If you feel the options are worth the upgrade I'd go for it because it sounds like in essence you'll get a brand new machine back. And maybe you'll use it more often too!

Ed
To decipher the gobbledygook. The ugrade is supposed to make it deeper, faster, and better with EMI. You are right about the cost in the long run. $300 is not a bad price if it really does make a much better machine.

(11-19-2014 08:35 AM)Dusty Wrote: [ -> ]I would wait a month or two. Reviews are starting to show up from individuals that have had the upgrade done on their 75's. It will be interesting to see if it's all blush or a real improvement. I had a love/hate relationship with my 75 but it was more a soil issue than EMI. If you're not having issues there , the upgrades may be a waste of money and time. Do you really care if you have a digital serial number? I  haven't figured the value of that out yet. Don't you already have the PI? , don't need the cache mode.
The best part of the "upgrade" might be the transferable warranty as far as resale goes. I don't understand why FT couldn't do that all along like other detectors instead of demanding an extra $100 to get it.

I am going to wait a while before deciding. I want to see what others say about their upgraded machines first and I at least have to wait till after Christmas. As far as the warranty. I think they should include some kind of warranty in the $300 upgrade price. I would be very upset if I sent in a perfectly good working machine to be upgraded and then a month later it broke and they want to charge me again to fix it. That would be uncool.
Reference URL's