Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: I love to help my fellow detectorist, BUT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I do not know the Deus! LOL. Just a FYI, cause Ive had several folks ask by pm for tips/programs and Im just barely starting to use it myself...maybe 50 hours tops. Good luck folks,RayHappy
Yeah that is a crazy machine with plenty of adjustments.
looks like a sweet machine, watched some great videos on it, seems to do very well in the iron
Geez , and I was planning on a trip to gold country this week.
I'm planning on reading up on that "gold program".
I don't care what anyone says , it's not a great trashy park machine without digging up the whole place. Both the e-trac and CTX run away from it in the canslaw.

Real easy machine to over think with it.
Hey Dudty,I did use the gold program couple times...reslly like the audio on that and seemed very stable. Good luck man!
I don't own a DEUS. I wish I could own a Deus. Watched a lot of vids on them a while back last Winter and thought it was a pretty good machine. I own a Minelab. I watch CTX, V3i and Deus videos now all the time. Since I'm in Winter mode now (damn) I will know a Dues, a V3i and a CTX by Spring. Then I'll have to make up my mind! Sweating
The biggest draw back with the Deus Ed , is that you're already more than competent with the Minelab. Very difficult to be comfortable with Deus when you're used to the info you get from the SE. I can see it if you're relic hunting or digging most of the non ferrous targets you swing over but for your soccer/park/public field hunting with modern trash the Minelabs are far superior in the ID department. I have nothing against the V3i either but it's just not designed for my type of mindset. I'm just not that analytical -- it's easier to just dig than go through the menu examining everything.

If you find you a reasonable CTX with some warranty left you will find the transition is seamless and they really do swing better than either the SE or the E-trac even though they're heavier. The lack of reasonably priced coils is the drawback to the CTX which is why I won't sell the e-trac. The wireless set up on the CTX sucks also,,,Deus did that right
1 good thing about the Deus is

you can set it up to run/act like several different machines

example:

say today you want to hunt a park full of modern trash but hunt for deep old coins like a CZ3d does

Select a lower frequency, like 12 kHz because it doesn't wrap around on iron as much as the 8 kHz.
Audio pitch mode.
With the multi notch feature notch everything out you don't want.
0-35 for most foil
43-45 for the common pulltab
85-87 for the steel cap

Dig every soft/low tone -- you're after the small/deep signals

---------------------------------------------------------------

Want to find gold nuggets today up in the sierras??

select the gold program (tweak to preference as needed)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hunt in iron infested sites with speed/separation for CW buttons/etc??

select GMP or Deus programs running 18 khz and get ready for some fast machine gun fire while picking out goodies where others have failed

------------------------------------------------------------------

Water hunt for jewelry??

get the waterproof kit and slap on the 11" coil for some jewelry hunting in your fav lake/etc

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

these are just a few examples of what the Deus can do/how it can be used

not too many others out there that can say their machine/s can do the same

(CTX is one of the very few)

I currently own both and love them both as they both have strong points & weak points too but they make a great combo for sure Yes
All true MRH and I can add another feather in the Deus' cap of flexiblity.
Used the gold program today and , as deathray says , it's a great little prospecting mode. Once I got the ground balance figured in some clean ground and got accustomed to the lack of a pinpoint feature we got along real well. The pinpoint becomes a ground balance like the F75's fast grab and is a treat on this claim. I remember using the 71khz Gold Bug on this hill 20 years ago and it nearly stopped me from detecting ever again.

No nuggets today but it was a test run anyway with 2 to 3" of snow on the North sides and a 45 degree hillside but good fun--especially when I thought of another trait of the Deus that gets overlooked. This hill is nasty rubble that's seen every detector known to man as well as every drywasher and prospector that can afford a classifier over the last 50 years , and while it's produced placer generally everywhere , there are areas covered with scrub and Gambel oak that are impenetrable without a chainsaw ---not any more! Simply employ my stairway/crawlspace technique and slip the lower shaft out of the handle and slip below most of the thicket on the game trails and you can detect with just the coil and the backphones. Worked like a charm although I only managed to dig a dozen or so targets , mostly .22 bullets and copper jacket fragments , but it demonstrated to me another trait I really like about this machine.

BTW , I stopped and hit a totlot on the way home with it as well-- no gold there either.
Reference URL's