Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Colonial Buckle - 1700`s musket butt plate - buff . pocket knife #6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nice Colonial era brass buckle.
1700`s brown bess musket butt plate .
http://www.flintlockrepair.com/specialprojects.html ( left side of website )
pocket knife #6
silver plate spoon - community silver plate.
1920`s - 1930`s Florida vehicle title plate.
another buff no date - and a 1939 nickle ( same hole ).
a misfired Rem-umc 300 sav shell.
few shell casings, few wad cutters, and more cast off lead .

buckle was about 12+ inches found with Etrac SEF 8x6
[attachment=4300][attachment=4301][attachment=4302][attachment=4303][attachment=4304][attachment=4305][attachment=4306][attachment=4307][attachment=4308][attachment=4309][attachment=4310][attachment=4311][attachment=4312][attachment=4313][attachment=4314][attachment=4315][attachment=4316][attachment=4317][attachment=4318][attachment=4319]
Thanks All ...
Ed, not sure if you carry one with you in your bag or not, but i remember you saying you do a lot of woods hunting, this has to be one of the most useful items i carry with me, if you don`t have one i highly recommend sticking one in the old detecting bag .
it has saved me many times. and makes the difference between an unrecoverable target and another find in the bag . Yes
Makes a world of difference when hunting in the woods ... Yes
(11-21-2014 07:53 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]That buckle is TERRIFIC! You're really getting down deep. I dig the photos showing the depths, as that's always one of the things I wonder when looking at people's posts...how deep were items found at. What's the brand of saw, Bones? I use one just like Ed's, and it's pretty darn good, but, because it's longer, it tends to wobble a lot as I dig on thinner side towards the tip. I think yours being shorter, it would be more stable, with less wobble.

Joe

Thanks Joe, the saw is a Corona, they have them at most hardware stores.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Corona-7-in-F.../100327912
(11-21-2014 08:11 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2014 07:57 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2014 07:53 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]That buckle is TERRIFIC! You're really getting down deep. I dig the photos showing the depths, as that's always one of the things I wonder when looking at people's posts...how deep were items found at. What's the brand of saw, Bones? I use one just like Ed's, and it's pretty darn good, but, because it's longer, it tends to wobble a lot as I dig on thinner side towards the tip. I think yours being shorter, it would be more stable, with less wobble.

Joe

Thanks Joe, the saw is a Corona, they have them at most hardware stores.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Corona-7-in-F.../100327912

Thanks, I'm going to pick one up! Yours looks a wee bit shorter in the photo, do they just have the one size? Is yours unstable or does it shake/wobble at all when you dig through tough roots?

Joe

Its fairly sturdy, mine is a 7 inch blade. i did notice when using it to not push hard on the root but allow the saw to do its job and just apply light pressure, otherwise it likes to bind up in the root. i cut through wrist sized roots in seconds with it so it seems to do pretty well. the blade is fairly wide that may stabilized some of the wobble that the slimmer hand saws may have ...
Reference URL's