Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Air test for those crappy days.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm getting ready for the bad weather ahead by planning to do a comparative air test series with my son's Bounty Hunter (WalMart $129), my old Ace 250 and AT Pro International (BIG NEL, standard and sniper coils).  I've had requests in the past from my Hungarian detectorist colleagues to do such a test.....even though I'm not to keen on the idea!
Any tips from you guys???
THX!!!
Well.... I'd try to stay as close to Scientific Method as I could.

---All three detectors on the same or generally the same settings and similar coils.
---An environment with no EMI or metal to interfere with the test.
---An inch/centimeter stick to make the whole world happy.
---Three or four common finds sequentially tested (include iron in one of them).

I mean if you started to do all the parameters of each detector you'd have an hour long cinematic event on you hands after editing. So if it were me, I'd stick to the basics and run "turn on and go" kinda programs.

IMHO

I'm sure somebody could pipe in on this one. Air tests and ground garden tests can be quite extensive with just one detector. Three detectors and you have to find a common denominator and just record the facts.

Ed
THX for the tips Guys!
Last year my Cabin-fever cure involved practising the x-acto knife (scalpel) method for cleaning ancient coins (mainly crappy romans that nobody wanted).
It looks like this year's cure will be the airtest series!!
Reference URL's