Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Whatcha think?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I don't know, just kinda entertaining the idea and wanted some feedback. Would any of you guys be interested in moderating your own sub-forum here? It's obviously gotta be a subject that fits within our niche. For example, if you were a diehard beach hunter and wanted to moderate your own thread on that on that subject. Enjoy modifications? Maybe your own thread about that. Again, just wanted to get a feel for what you think. If you like it, maybe we can give it a go.

Joe
sounds like an interesting idea.
Hey Joe! Got any other examples of what people could forum about and set up their own sub forum as the host? Or do we leave it to the imagination?

Ed
Sounds good. I'm no expert on anything. What do you guys know?
(11-22-2014 09:19 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Joe! Got any other examples of what people could forum about and set up their own sub forum as the host? Or do we leave it to the imagination?

Ed

Well, anything within the detecting niche, really. Don't start asking about woodworking sections or stamp collecting, for instance lol. Could be anything; beach hunting, modifications, a certain model of detector a person uses, etc. I thought it would be a cool idea, but, I'm not the majority. As always, the people have to speak. As my Italian uncle would say; "No aska, no geta".

Joe
(11-22-2014 09:36 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-22-2014 09:19 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Joe! Got any other examples of what people could forum about and set up their own sub forum as the host? Or do we leave it to the imagination?

Ed

Well, anything within the detecting niche, really. Don't start asking about woodworking sections or stamp collecting, for instance lol. Could be anything; beach hunting, modifications, a certain model of detector a person uses, etc. I thought it would be a cool idea, but, I'm not the majority. As always, the people have to speak. As my Italian uncle would say; "No aska, no geta".

Joe

Joe,

You mean I can't post videos and recipes about the Christmas perogies I make with cheese, walnuts and mushrooms? Damn. (Fried in clarified butter with garlic and onions.) Chuckle

Ed
(11-22-2014 09:40 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]

Ed

Joe

Joe,

You mean I can't post videos and recipes about the Christmas perogies I make with cheese, walnuts and mushrooms? Damn. (Fried in clarified butter with garlic and onions.) Chuckle

Ed
Sounds interesting Ed. You know we love pierogies over here. Post it in the break room.
(11-22-2014 09:45 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-22-2014 09:40 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]

Ed

Joe

Joe,

Ed
Sounds interesting Ed. You know we love pierogies over here. Post it in the break room.

Will,

I was kibbutzing with Joe. I get them from a bunch of older women at a Russian Orthodox Church's Christmas fundraiser near here that they host every year. They got some pretty good stuff. Being the ethnic background that I am, we never thought of anything other than cheese and potato and sauerkraut. They've got some real winners! Some with bacon!!!!

But I think we'll have to wait until the opinion comes in from the membership about sub forums. I like the idea. Anyone who has an interest in a particular topic and wants to start a Topic Heading can do so. It'll kind of keep an interest up in certain categories where people can research and post through the membership. The scope could be tremendous. And very helpful. From pull tabs to shotgun brass to toy guns and stone points, and much more. The list could be quite large and offer new members a boatload of info and insight. There's so much to know about the hobby and we've got a pool of very informed and reliable people that could host categories. And it would make TC Forums into a more adaptable site for all of the detectorists out there. IMHO

I'd like to do shotgun brass. It's a tale that needs to be told!

Ed
Aww teasin me with tales of pierogies. They sell them at churches around here too. The shotgun brass sounds like a cool topic. I think we all find those.
These parts its Tamales! Dont know a thing about moderating though.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's