Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: vintage make up case
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
pulled up a very tiny case, slightly bigger around than a quarter, i was able to pop the lid open, and it is filled with blue bowder looking stuff, and liquid mercury ...
any ideas ... ???

[attachment=4351][attachment=4352][attachment=4353][attachment=4354]
(11-24-2014 01:24 AM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]that's crazy-- I found a similar container that had the same mercury goo inside!

when i took it apart it had a cotton pad under the blue goo.
i assume for applying the "goo" make up.

(11-24-2014 01:20 AM)bulletbob Wrote: [ -> ]I am with Ed - get rid of it .Think

you guys are no fun ... the stuff is like silly putty, its fun to play with ... Tongue
[attachment=4364]
(11-24-2014 09:11 PM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]I have a bottle of the stuff that an old miner gave me!! It is pretty cool but "Handle With Care"

But I do remember our Science teacher in Jr High letting us pour it out on a plate and mess around with it. Now I doubt they even allow it on school property.

i collected the mercury from the case and stored it in the tiny " drug " bottle i found the other day. it is pretty cool to play with in the bottle ... Tongue
pretty cool how it just breaks down to smaller bubbles, then you can put it all back together in a blob. pretty fun stuff.
Any pictures?
If it is mercury don't breathe it in. 
But there are folks on fleabay that sell it in small amounts. I am not sure if the ]y use it to separate gold as the old miners did or what they use it for these days.
Reference URL's