Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: I nominate me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For moderator of the junk forum. Bad location. Crazy junk. I didn't bring home most of it. I got a strange hook thing. It's interesting. I guess the best find was the old Ford door handle. Og didn't bring a detector this time and he was looking for car parts. We did find some stuff that may have been car parts, but when I dug the handle that was an obvious score. I've been playing around with different settings on the TDI. My most amazing find of the day was actually pulling a nickel and a dime from the same hole and I heard both a high and low tone. I'm learning.
That`s a bunch of digging. is that a 60`s era pop top. looks like an older one.
pulled up a 1962-1963 pop top the other day .
think i should start a pop top collection like the guy off the detectorist. Think .
i still find 60`s 70`s style pop tops and cans in my hunting area ...

might be able to look up the parts number of the handle and get the model it went to .
looks like you guys had fun ....
i would say that beats a tin chicken any day ... Yes
Always look for the positive. Here's a good one...

You got to go digging in late November! The TDI is not an easy machine, brother. You're cracking the code, which I really don't think I'd be able to do, myself...as that machine is a bit over my head.

Keep pluggin, Will Yes

Joe
As the old saying go's Been there, done that !LOLChuckle
Somethings are better than no things. I have those days too. I just persevere. And now you've cleaned it up a bit and can go deeper or eliminate it from future hunts. Yes
(11-23-2014 11:04 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]That`s a bunch of digging. is that a 60`s era pop top. looks like an older one.
pulled up a 1962-1963 pop top the other day .
think i should start a pop top collection like the guy off the detectorist. Think .
i still find 60`s 70`s style pop tops and cans in my hunting area ...

might be able to look up the parts number of the handle and get the model it went to .
looks like you guys had fun ....
i would say that beats a tin chicken any day ... Yes

Yep another vintage pulltab for my collection. I do like digging those ones. At least they are silver age.

(11-24-2014 01:11 AM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Always look for the positive. Here's a good one...

You got to go digging in late November! The TDI is not an easy machine, brother. You're cracking the code, which I really don't think I'd be able to do, myself...as that machine is a bit over my head.

Keep pluggin, Will Yes

Joe

Yeah the weather was beautiful. I had to take my hoodie off and dawn my lucky Treasure Classified t shirt. The TDI isn't too hard. Just learning what to listen for with different settings. You set it to all and all of the shallow low conductive stuff screams high tone in your ear. You have to listen for the low tones which are much less in trashy areas. The low tones are high conductive which most coins will be. Offsetting the ground balance changes whether iron reports high or low.
Will, don't be upset, 'cause after all you do live in the "Steel-City"!!
I'd be surprised if yins DIDN'T find junky stuff there!!  Beer (mug says IC, but it's too small to see!!!!!).
(11-24-2014 05:19 PM)drgeorge Wrote: [ -> ]Will, don't be upset, 'cause after all you do live in the "Steel-City"!!
I'd be surprised if yins DIDN'T find junky stuff there!!  Beer (mug says IC, but it's too small to see!!!!!).

Very true George. You know I have tried detecting down by the river before. It's unbelievable how much junk metal is in the ground down there. You can even see alot just sticking out of the ground. I'm not discouraged. There's always next time and the next spot.
Reference URL's