Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 1814 - 1821 Federal Artillery button .
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pulled up a tiny Federal Artillery button. no back mark. very thin shank .
this site has several Federal artillery buttons with the cannon, but not one that matches this one. so not sure of the make or time period.
( note how the cannon back comes away from the wheel. it is not like any of the ones featured on the site. ) ID help welcome ...
http://relicman.com/buttons/zArchiveButt...to1840.htm
also pulled two more thimbles.
a few other odd pieces, and a horseshoe .

[attachment=4365][attachment=4366][attachment=4367][attachment=4368][attachment=4369][attachment=4370][attachment=4371][attachment=4372][attachment=4373]
Ty PBW ... like you said, i dig a ton of iron, that is the first horseshoe i have ever pulled up. gonna give it a nice ebath this week and clean it up for display ... Yes
it`s hard to say Ed,
it appears to be the second button in the pic . AV
the way the back of the cannon comes straight down off the wheel .
the button is in pretty rough shape, not able to make out many of the features.
i`ll try and do a light cleaning to it and see if anything pops out ...
thank you very much for the ID help. Yes
(11-25-2014 12:00 AM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]I still thing it is a variety of the 3rd button. (B)

Look at the angle of the head and the long straight line of the left wing. ie. how far the wing starts away from the body.

There will always be slight variation as different manufacturers had different molds.

Cool button regardless !!

yep, i see what you are eyeballing on the wing. what was throwing me off is the button is so tiny. like the second one, but it does appear more like button #3.

thanks again for the help. i would never get some of my finds ID`d if it wasn`t for you and the rest of the group ... so thank you again Ron and everyone for all the help over the past months . Yes
(11-25-2014 05:40 AM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]Nice button there Bones

Always fun to find one that takes some research to figure out!

Yes . it sure keeps things interesting.
(11-25-2014 06:22 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Beautiful button. It's really incredible the action at your spot. Just to pull one or two buttons per year like that would be killer. Curious...

Generally where are they hitting on the ET, in the coin range?

Ron, great I.D. Wink
Joe
there is so much iron in the spot i am hunting right now its hard to get a good # ID, for the past week i have been hunting in TTF and digging all solid high tones that i can lock on to .

it is a nice spot, it just keeps on giving.
Reference URL's