Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Here's a Prescription for you!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I don't know about this one! I found six +P+ 38 cal. WCC shells in a prescription bottle under the leaves in the mud. Can't say how long they've been there as all they had were some condensation inside. Looked to see if I could find a pistol but no luck on that. I'll go back but I think they may have thrown it in the river.

Now the knife, crucifix and shaving razor I found in one hole. Brought those home. Also found in that general location, which I left there for future investigation, was a rusted 18 inch machete, 2 four point deer antlers which had been processed like for a display, a modern perfume bottle, and a cheap long handle to what appeared to be a Ninja sword. It really beats me! All of the stuff above was all covered over with a big pile of cut branches and leaves. I had thought that it was just a park maintenance "pile of stuff" but it appears to be deliberate.

Another Sunoco Antique Car token.

Some change.

Yesterday, at another location, I found a complete Cabela's tent, with poles, which is what set off the detector, and an empty knapsack, buried under the leaves in a not too remote spot. I'm thinking homeless here. I left it there and did not take pics.

Had a 2' diameter tree fall behind me from the strong winds in the woods about 100 feet away. I had just passed through that area not 10 minutes before. Even through the headphones it "Slapped" the wet ground with a resounding crack and had strewn broken branches all about. The winds today coming through the trees at times sounded like an approaching locomotive.

Have fun out there and Happy Hunting!!

Ed
Wow man that's kinda scary. I don't know if I'd be back in those woods alone and unarmed. Especially if it is windy.
now that`s an odd grouping of finds - razor - boot knife - bullets. and a crucifix ...
i don`t know where your hunting but im staying out of that neck of the woods.
some weird shYt goin on ...

really cool finds Ed ... love the boot knife ... Yes
By the way that wind hit here today too. Almost blew me over. 50mph gusts
(11-24-2014 09:48 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Wow man that's kinda scary. I don't know if I'd be back in those woods alone and unarmed. Especially if it is windy.
Will,

I think the bullets may be from a bridge throw. But at 190 feet to the top of the bridge, and over 100 feet away, with no damage to the bottle or contents, it has to be from a parked car along the road 40 or so feet away. The only way you can get to that spot is in the Winter. Otherwise it's so overgrown you'd need a brush hog to get to it.

I try not to throw caution to the wind much as it was throwing it at me today, but I remain calm under all kinds of scary and immediately dangerous situations. It comes from working on the outside of 68 story buildings in Manhattan for the many years I did. You learn not to be complacent about "any" kind of safety, ever, and it becomes second nature, so to speak. I don't carry. But God help the poor fella that tries.

(11-24-2014 09:53 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]now that`s an odd grouping of finds - razor - boot knife - bullets. and a crucifix ...
i don`t know where your hunting but im staying out of that neck of the woods.
some weird shYt goin on ...

really cool finds Ed ... love the boot knife ... Yes

You ain't kidding bro! I was checking my 6 constantly.
I agree with ya there Ed. between the lesch digger and the folding military shovel, no need to carry. that lesch will put a hurting on ya, and us detectorist can dig you a hole before they knew you where gone ... Wink
Looks like someone offed some one and then felt bad about it!! Wink Said a little prayer and then dumped everything!!

Neat group of finds!!
(11-25-2014 12:05 AM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like someone offed some one and then felt bad about it!! Wink Said a little prayer and then dumped everything!!

Neat group of finds!!

LOL !!! may want to wipe your prints off those finds and re bury them ... Bandit
Cool Dagger, Ed Yes

Beer
Maybe they threw away their vampire/ werewolf hunting kit ,silver bullets ,crucifix ,dagger and such......LOL
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's