Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: NoN Dug (part of my personal collection).
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Freezing cold out with snow on the ground again so since I can't comfortably go detecting and being bored - I thought I'd share one of my prized coins in/of my personal collection with you'all.

Sorta the type of coin/find we'all dream of finding while detecting but never seem to do!

She's at least AU 50 on the grading scale (almost uncirculated) 1861 P (Philadelphia mint) with iridescent toning around the rim and in original cond. (never been cleaned with chemicals of any type).

Sorry = not for sale. This one gets passed down to my son with all the rest of the nicer ones in the collection but if I HAD to sell it for some reason (been there/done that) in the past -- I'd have to price tag it at $300 firm as of current value with the toning. If it didn't have the toning around the rim - it'd be about $40 less and not as desirable.

Anyway - hope you'all enjoy and would love to see some of your personal favs too if you have/want to share any Yes

[Image: 1861_zps1c4b59d4.jpg]

[Image: 1861-1_zps1eb07949.jpg]
That is a sweet coin, and unbelievable condition . love the toning that is a beauty ..
for me i think my favorite coins for now are the 5 1572 mexico City reals i recently dug.
and the 1783 Georgivs Triumpho Token .
[attachment=4398]
Yeah, I hafta agree Bones - those are GREAT finds - I'd schit my pants finding just "1" of any of those coins!

I really like the 1783 Token mentioned (no pic!?).

Reason/s:

1: tokens tend to be a lot more rare than coins for the most part

and

2: personally I like colonial period up through just post civil war period coins/tokens far more than any others (or anything 1690s thru 1870s) for the most part and more so than any others.

The Pieces of 8 ain't nothin to sneeze at though - that's for sure!

Thanks for sharing Yes

Beer
1783 Georgivs Triumpho Token - no die crack reverse - dug in St Augustine Fl .
( from what i read there is only 5-6 known without the die crack on the reverse )
it`s a toss up between the token and the Reals being my favorite . honestly i kinda like the token a bit more ... less chance of finding another one of these. pretty good chance of finding more Reals soon ...

[attachment=4399]
That is a sweet token and those pieces of 8 are cool also great finds
(11-27-2014 06:33 PM)Steveo Wrote: [ -> ]That is a sweet token and those pieces of 8 are cool also great finds

Ty Steveo, im with MRH, i would love to see everyone`s favorites. there has been some amazing coins dug by many of the members just in the short time i have been here, would love to get a peek at them all in one post. .... Yes

hope everyone had an awesome thanksgiving. im stuffed, and, i think i hear the couch calling me ... Sleepy
Beautiful seated...nice toning .
Nice Seated Half!! Great looking coin!
Thanks Ron and Ray (and everyone else too)...

Seated coins are beautiful and a fav of mine for sure --- especially when they're in really nice condition like this one. Too bad 99.9% of the ones we dig don't come out of the ground looking like this one!

Beer
Kudos to some of the SPECTACULAR finds you guys made this year...heck, EVERY year! Wayne, exquisite seated!!!!! Amazingly detailed photo, too. Are you using a Cool Pix? Bones...

It truly boggles my mind the stuff I've had the pleasure of seeing you pull in 2014. Spanish silver is NOT easy to find, yet, you've crossed those bad boys off your list. And of course, the gold coin you pulled!

And Ron, who I always joke with that, he pulls so many seated's, that they're like his version of our memorials, "Oh lord, just another f@&king seated" Tongue He's like a one-man gold finding army. Doesn't even need a detector IMO, I think he SMELLS the gold like a bloodhound! Or, he's using one of those cameras that can photograph the yellow stuff, or perhaps one of those long range detectorscopes that look like a car antenna super glued to heat gun, lol.

ALL of you guys are amazing Yes

Joe
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's