Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Marbles dug/found...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
On a roll here Cool

These are all of the marbles I've dug and/or found on sites I've detected for approx. the last 16 yrs since moving across state from the east side to west side...

Some were found just laying on top of the ground, some while digging out some unknown/anticipated target, some in the same hole as a coin or other target detected, and even some in lakes while detecting and more Yes

Yeah - I know - I'm weird for saving so much "junk" (in the words of my fiancee)! Wasntme

[Image: marbs001_zps1b69d6d3.jpg]

[Image: marbs002_zpsfd3171f1.jpg]

[Image: marbs003_zps25031bd6.jpg]
That's a lot of lost marbles...just hope those that lost them didn't lose all their marbles. LOL
sweet collection of marbles, some of the older civil war or colonial era marbles can be worth some real good money. really cool collection ... Yes
Marbles are always a nice surprise to find in the plug!!

Amazing how many people lost their marbles!! Happy
Cool collection. I just found one on my last hunt. I'm sure I've lost more than I've found.
Real nice collection. They are fun to find. I see you have a clay one there too. That's special!
Very nice collection of marbles. Found many though the years .
Wayne, if you saw all of the "stuff" I have laying about, you'd think I was starring in the remake of Sanford & Son! Part of it may be because I'm a bit of a hoarder, but, the bigger issue is that in most cases, I broke my ass off digging whatever the piece is, and feel it would be a waste to throw history away. Unless something is completely shot to pieces, like a corroded memorial, a weird mystery piece that is all busted up, etc., I rarely throw any relic pieces away. Another thing is...

It's kinda like either having a single $100 bill or 100 $1 bills. I'll take the 100 1$ bills, as it makes me feel richer, lol. Even though a lot of what I have is unidentified "stuff", the sheer amount of it makes me feel all of my blood, sweat & digging is worthwhile Yes

Joe
(11-28-2014 08:45 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Wayne, if you saw all of the "stuff" I have laying about, you'd think I was starring in the remake of Sanford & Son! Part of it may be because I'm a bit of a hoarder, but, the bigger issue is that in most cases, I broke my ass off digging whatever the piece is, and feel it would be a waste to throw history away. Unless something is completely shot to pieces, like a corroded memorial, a weird mystery piece that is all busted up, etc., I rarely throw any relic pieces away. Another thing is...

It's kinda like either having a single $100 bill or 100 $1 bills. I'll take the 100 1$ bills, as it makes me feel richer, lol. Even though a lot of what I have is unidentified "stuff", the sheer amount of it makes me feel all of my blood, sweat & digging is worthwhile Yes

Joe

LoL

I get yelled at constantly to "DO something with the shit" (as she likes to say)!

That's my problem though -- I have a hard time organizing the "stuff" and putting it someplace out of the way... I have crap EVERYwhere! Boxes of stuff, bins full, pails/buckets full, collector cases full, riker cases, coffee cans full, etc. etc. and even have tons of stuff all over the counters, on paper towels, the kitchen table, coffee table, etc! lol

I've been slowly getting it separated and sorted into plastic bins with labels on them now though so I'm getting better and the clutter is being reduced. I have to build a giant bookshelf type thing now though so it can house/hold all the little plastic bins. Once that's complete and I sort out the real junk and toss it to the trash - it will free up some space and make her happy!
(11-28-2014 09:00 PM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-28-2014 08:45 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Wayne, if you saw all of the "stuff" I have laying about, you'd think I was starring in the remake of Sanford & Son! Part of it may be because I'm a bit of a hoarder, but, the bigger issue is that in most cases, I broke my ass off digging whatever the piece is, and feel it would be a waste to throw history away. Unless something is completely shot to pieces, like a corroded memorial, a weird mystery piece that is all busted up, etc., I rarely throw any relic pieces away. Another thing is...

Joe

LoL

I get yelled at constantly to "DO something with the shit" (as she likes to say)!

That's my problem though -- I have a hard time organizing the "stuff" and putting it someplace out of the way... I have crap EVERYwhere! Boxes of stuff, bins full, pails/buckets full, collector cases full, riker cases, coffee cans full, etc. etc. and even have tons of stuff all over the counters, on paper towels, the kitchen table, coffee table, etc! lol

I've been slowly getting it separated and sorted into plastic bins with labels on them now though so I'm getting better and the clutter is being reduced. I have to build a giant bookshelf type thing now though so it can house/hold all the little plastic bins. Once that's complete and I sort out the real junk and toss it to the trash - it will free up some space and make her happy!

You had to hear the high holy hell I raised a couple of weeks ago, because she moved some coins - which I didn't put in the "right place" - and she lost one of my silver rosies. It was like she stole the Ark of the Covenant to me or something. I'm bitching, she's bitching, and she finally yells out; "It's only a goddamned dime!". I replied: "Yes, but you're going to mess my count up for the year!!!" Think Welcome to my world, lol.

Joe
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's