Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Funny, SAD, Video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Had to post this video on my channel, as I found it to be both highly entertaining, and quite sad at the same time. This fella decides to have a bit of fun, and tries to redeem a $1 silver certificate at a bank for silver. Almost unbelievably, NONE of the tellers even know what it is!!! These are people who deal in $$$ all day, every day! And they are looking at this fella in the video like HE is the schmuck, lol. Funny. Telling.

P.S. - If anyone hasn't subscribed to our channel, please do so Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0cpDycsKkw
Cool video Joe.
wow !!! what a bunch of idiots in that bank ... fun video ...
The reason I added this was, it is almost unbelievable to me, that PEOPLE WORKING IN A BANK, do not know what a silver certificate is. I mean, we're not talking hundreds of years ago here, people. It would be akin to a young doctor not knowing what Polio is. Now, the younger male teller MIGHT get a pass due to age, however, the second older broad should be fired! She was looking at the bill like it was a yellow watermelon. Have we dipped so low? Lord Sad

Joe
now im not the most knowledgeable guy on older bank notes, but wouldn`t that still be legal tender and by law have to be excepted. or exchangeable
(11-28-2014 07:28 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]now im not the most knowledgeable guy on older bank notes, but wouldn`t that still be legal tender and by law have to be excepted. or exchangeable

Exchangeable for another bill, yes, redeemable for goods/services, yes (at least everywhere I shop), however, they obviously do not redeem them for silver any longer. Why? Because our currency isn't backed by hard assets, ie; gold and/or silver nowadays. Rather, we our currently operating on a faith based system. And it ain't workin out too good!

Joe
This country is FULL of dumbass'es these days!

That note is just as legal tender as any $1 bill we use in everyday commerce.
(11-28-2014 08:31 PM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]This country is FULL of dumbass'es these days!

That note is just as legal tender as any $1 bill we use in everyday commerce.

ABSOFRIGGINLUTELY!!! You know, the guy was a bit annoying with his 'schtick', and I'd be ROYALLY pissed if I was the unlucky mother waiting behind him in the drive-thru while he was trying to redeem it, but, gotta give the guy credit, as he's trying to point out how truly absurd the entire system is...and it comes off beautifully apparent, IMO.

Joe
That's sad!
Reference URL's