Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 1969 Redline King Kuda (Barracuda)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
One from my "non dug" personal collection that I've been talking about. Just thought I'd share for some of us "slightly older timers" born in the 60s to reminisce!

I was 6 yrs old back when this car was made/sold and I think they were around .25 cents each at that time (you could buy a whole race track/set for $9.95 with 2 cars included)!

One of these in THIS cond. (near mint) now has a current value in the $175/$200 range Wink

[Image: kuda001_zps20048fdf.jpg]

[Image: kuda002_zpsa69d1109.jpg]

[Image: kuda003_zps2da013bc.jpg]

[Image: kuda004_zps8c5cb7c6.jpg]

[Image: kuda005_zps4ae9707b.jpg]
Sweet, a buddy of mine has two Barracudas restored in his garage. sweet rides ...
Wow, being that 99.9% of my coins aren't worth that much, maybe I'm looking for the wrong stuff! Lol. I only thought the rarer Matchboxes went for that kinda money...live & learn Wink Sweeet.

Joe
If I only knew then.With the matchboxes I had and the hot wheels that my brother and son had I would have a nice collection now$$$$$$. OOOOOH well Think
(11-28-2014 06:07 PM)bulletbob Wrote: [ -> ]If I only knew then.With the matchboxes I had and the hot wheels that my brother and son had I would have a nice collection now$$$$$$. OOOOOH well Think

I know the feeling quite well bob,

I had a TON of race track, the gas pumps, accessories, etc. and probably in the realm of a 100 Hot Wheels Sizzlers for racing back in the early 70s as my friends and I bought, sold, traded, etc. and spent every min of free time racing, building cars, and the whole shot for yrs on end!

If I only had 1/2 of all those cars/that stuff now!
A buddy of mine lost his job about 3 years ago, and wound up getting another gig with 1-800-Got-Junk. He makes over $100,000 a year, has great benefits, and here's the best part...

When he goes to pick up the "junk", the employees can claim it for themselves if they wish. He makes some good coin selling items from his route on the side. You WOULD NOT BELIEVE what people throw out!!! Old silverware, antique furniture, beautiful paintings, it's freakin crazy!!! Probably a lot of mothers tossing out their kids comics and matchbox cars, I bet, lol.

Joe
Cool!!
I too am a '60s/'70s kid....I remember these and how I envied the richer kids who had a whole bunch of 'em, all arranged in their sectioned plastic carrying cases--who'd have thought......???  Mine usually ended up at the bottom of the sandbox (or on the lawn for future detectorists!!!).
Reference URL's