Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Another dirt fisher from California here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Deathray told me about this site, and so I came by to check it out and looks good. Can't wait to see everybodys goodies they find.

Been detecting for 15yr's and use the minelab explorer and have found quite a few cool finds which I will post some pics as soon as I get a chance.

Thanks all and HH,Tom
Welcome, LodiTom!!! We have a terrific group of guys here - plenty from out west, too - so, make yourself feel at home & post all those finds for us to see Yes

Joe
Right on Tom, good to see ya made it. This place kinda has the feel of the early years on the kinzli forum. Maybe well have to get a group hunt when winter hits.
(07-15-2013 08:15 PM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]Right on Tom, good to see ya made it. This place kinda has the feel of the early years on the kinzli forum. Maybe well have to get a group hunt when winter hits.

Kinzli as in kinzli coils? They're still around right? I never tried their coils, are they good? Didn't know they had a forum, what happened to it?
Jeff kinzli runs the California forum.Im not sure if he is still making coils. When Tom and I first met about a decade ago, a bunch of us would get together 2-3times a year and have a big group hunt. It was very cool.  You should have seen Golden Gate Park with 100guys detecting. Also the famous Oakland dig I refered to before had probably 10-15 members every weekend. That dig, believe it or not, we had Dana Carvey from SNL show up...turns out he's into bottles too, lol.
That's cool!!! Dana Carvey a bottle guy, even cooler Yes

Ya know, I still see posts on forums where guys are pulling stuff out of GG Park. It must be tremendous!!! I live in a small town. Suburban-ish. I can drive to midtown manhattan (times square) in about 20 minutes tho. GG must be like our Central Park. You gotta see the stuff guys pulled from there!!! As things normally go here though, detecting was banned there several years ago Sad

Didn't they have Chinese encampments in GG during the late 1800's - early 1900's?
Hey Tom-- welcome aboard.  I agree with Ray this has the feel Kinzlis did years ago.

Glad to see you made it over!!
They had camps from the 1906 earthquake. Yeah, ggp still gives it up. Sucks they banned it from Central park...do they enforce it?
(07-15-2013 09:54 PM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]They had camps from the 1906 earthquake. Yeah, ggp still gives it up. Sucks they banned it from Central park...do they enforce it?

You bet your bottom dollar they do No One could take a chance & swing and the place being so large, they might never notice, but, too much of a hassle. It's one of the oldest parks in the country. Designed by the famous Olmstead Brothers, who designed about 99% of the parks in the Northeast. Guys used to pull reale's from there, all kind of seateds, gold coins, you name it. All done now. We had a big petition & march with signs & everything years back. Looked like the powers that be were about to bend, but, nothing ever came of it. In NY, you need a permit to hunt the parks & most beaches, not so in NJ...free as a bird, except for a few beaches.

All that beautiful immense history IS here, but, most of it is paved over. If not developed on, it's either designated historical, or it's state or federal land & can't hunt it. So, best bet by far, is to concentrate on old houses, farms & stuff. THAT'S where all the good stuff is still available Wink

Joe
Welcome to the forum Lodi.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's