Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Pretty boring around here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Why does it seem like only Joe, Bones, Ed, Me, Ron, Ray, sometimes PittsburghWill, and just a few others only on occasion make any sort of "finds" post??

We need more people posting more stuff more often around here Speechless

I know there's more than just 6 or 8 of us finding stuff here - what gives/why don't some of the other 200+ members? post some finds??
I would love to post finds but I'm not able to go out lately due to having a killer cold feel like got run over with a truck. When I feel a little better, I get on here and enjoy others finds. Will post finds as they come in.
I'm planning to get out there in the morning. I'll have something to show. Come on other members. If you're reading this post something.
Wayne,

I was out today with not much to show for it. Some clad and again a bunch of junk. I dug at the base of a tree for 20 minutes with re-sweeps to 16 inches and couldn't find the damn thing. I've posted a lot of clad already. I'm trying to stay with the silver and the interesting stuff. No luck today though! I think it's the Holiday for one and the season in general for another. Everybody's busy. And you know that the list you present is from a bunch of detecting junkies. To us this isn't a hobby. This is not like forgoing Soccer practice or the game because we had a hangnail. Your list represents the real hunters in the group. We don't really stop detecting unless it's too dangerous or foolhardy to do so. And I question that sometimes. The remainder of the group have lives like we do but just don't put detecting on their top priority when making out an agenda. That's okay because some of them are new to the hobby, some have been there, done that and maybe some are just shy!

It can get boring.

It's up to those guys down south and out west now to perk us up and keep us interested. I hate Winter. I always have. With 30 years in the masonry trades I'm used to it now but still despise it's hold on me to become lackluster and lazy. I fight back but sometimes it wins when the real cold sets in.

I think when some of the guys get a little more familiar with the site and more comfortable doing the in's and out's of posting, things will perk up. And we can always count on Bones, Ray, Ron and many others out there in the fair winds of weather to give us a lift now and then.

Rome wasn't built in a day! Keep your chin up. I can't wait to see what you find in the Spring!!!

Ed

(11-29-2014 07:33 PM)biggredd1972@yahoo.com Wrote: [ -> ]I would love to post finds but I'm not able to go out lately due to having a killer cold feel like got run over with a truck. When I feel a little better, I get on here and enjoy others finds. Will post finds as they come in.

Redd,

I hope your feeling better. I haven't had a cold for over twelve years. But when I get them, forget it, I'm complete toast for a week or more. We can wait. Get better and then go get em!!!

Ed
I agree, there`s a bunch of members here on TC, it would be nice to see what the others are finding ... Yes
I think a good portion of the members who joined here did it because they were posting something for sale more than to participate in a forum. I would not expect this to ever become someplace with lots of posts and topics. There really isn't a great deal more activity on Tom's site and it's been around lot longer.

I seldom look at finds ,,,much more interested in technical stuff than pictures myself , but that's just me.
(11-29-2014 08:42 PM)Dusty Wrote: [ -> ]I think a good portion of the members who joined here did it because they were posting something for sale more than to participate in a forum. I would not expect this to ever become someplace with lots of posts and topics. There really isn't a great deal more activity on Tom's site and it's been around lot longer.

I seldom look at finds ,,,much more interested in technical stuff than pictures myself , but that's just me.

Dusty,

That's a good point. I love to see the finds but really want to hear the gory details of the why and when to dig stuff. Makes me relate more to what I may have passed over and missed. It gives us a more clear perspective on how we detect. I often put the details of a find into the body of the post. I know everyone doesn't use an SE Pro, but anybody watching may pick up a clue on their hunts. We've gotten away from that. That Merc yesterday was a solid 3-27 with hints of 5-30 and 4-30 around center. The tone was too high and too strong at 3-27. The smartscreen, which I alternate to, to peek it out, showed silver dime at 3-27. So you dig it. You have no choice at that point.

I would encourage all readers to attempt to make a record of what visible and audible signs they get when detecting. I know the manuals all do a great job of explaining the "how to's", but, accurate field experience from our membership is not just a misnomer in this hobby. We are competing with each other in a sense but not when it comes to information. If any of us can help each other for any reason given above, please do so. The more we know, the more we find, the more we post.

Ed
You might see more comments on the posting of finds if a viewer didn't have to log in to see a lot of the pics. The jpg ones (whatever the hell that is) can't be seen without logging in and I often miss them when doing a drive-by look in and forget to go back and check them out at a later time. What's up with that?
(11-29-2014 09:38 PM)Dusty Wrote: [ -> ]You might see more comments on the posting of finds if a viewer didn't have to log in to see a lot of the pics. The jpg ones (whatever the hell that is) can't be seen without logging in and I often miss them when doing a drive-by look in and forget to go back and check them out at a later time. What's up with that?

Dusty,

That happens when you cross platforms. Or, you're on your phone instead of at your PC/Tablet/Laptop at your home IP. If you registered with your PC at TC, we logged your IP at registration. But, when you use your phone, that's a different IP association and we may not recognize you. So you have to physically log in with your phone. I have to do it too. A .jpg is a worldwide standard for photographs. Also known as Joint Photographic Experts Group, or JPEG for short. It's just a universal software to compress and decompress (send & receive) information in photographs over the web.

Ed
Must be something else Ed.
I have a $14 flip phone and don't even do "call waiting" or a "call list". if I can't remember the number I don't need to call--good for the mind. This is the same PC that I registered at TC with a year ago. Thread e-mail subscription thingy didn't work either.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's