Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Like Button Dead
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guys, Wayne posted an insightful thread about our community, which I'm sure you all saw. Sometimes we cannot see what it plainly in front of us.

I responded to his thoughts, and he gave me a thumbs up sign. Admittedly, adding this function was my own fault. I thought it would be a fun, creative way to 'give someone props' without having to type a message. Yet, this COMPLETELY negates the whole meaning of getting involved in a community. I myself am guilt of overusing it here & there. Bottom line...

It forces us to do LESS, when we should be doing MORE. I'd rather see genuine, hand typed messages, that are CREATING DIALOGUES, versus a thumbs up.

Again, this is my own fault. Not everything can be a hit, or a winner. And after reading the the whole thread and posting a message, one of the problems was starting me right in the face.

There was an important thread, on an important topic, from one of our best members (Wayne), about less activity. And as I'm about to thank him for giving me the thumbs up sign, it was like I was hit by a Mac truck...THIS is one of the issues.

I will see if we can keep all of the past likes you guys have given. I'm pretty sure it can be done, but, the like button is no more, as of tomorrow.

Joe
Cool. I don't like the like all that much.
I agree Joe!! I like a lot of posts when I don't have time to respond. But I try and respond eventually. It is kind of the lazy way to post a response without "saying" anything.

Ed
Lol

I wondered what happened to the LIKE button!
Damn--I was gonna LIKE this thread!! Wink
Haha,beat you to it Ron...I was able to like it before the removal.
(12-05-2014 09:57 AM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]Haha,beat you to it Ron...I was able to like it before the removal.

Story of my life Ray!! Day Late and a Dollar Short!! Wink
Reference URL's