Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Treasure Show
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Definitely looks interesting, but, just like the Jesse James special & the Oak Island farce, the finds always seem staged. Besides, it was filmed/recorded already, yes? I'm guessing it would be splashed all over the news if they DID find it, so, guessing they did not. I'll check it out, though. Not sure if it aired already, but I'm sure it's in reruns.

http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive...H-uEIo8Lv4

Joe
It does look interesting Joe, but like you said we would hae heard about it in the news by now.
I've watched this show for the past 2 seasons.  Last season, the guy was looking for proof of Vikings coming to North America.  It was very entertaining. 
I can tell you that the area he will be at has been part of Utah folklore for many, many years.  There was a team that wanted to go in last year and see what was in the underwater cave they reference.  The state told them they couldn't because of some endangered snails that are only found in that region (no joke). So we'll have to see what happens.  My guess is that they will find some Native American artifacts (because they are everywhere down in Southern Utah) and that'll be it.
Most of the reality shows like this are done for ratings. A popular subject lot of buildup and suspense , a few curve ball here and there then they get almost to end of season or show (if only one) they leave you hanging.
(12-03-2014 10:37 PM)SLCdigger Wrote: [ -> ]I've watched this show for the past 2 seasons.  Last season, the guy was looking for proof of Vikings coming to North America.  It was very entertaining. 
I can tell you that the area he will be at has been part of Utah folklore for many, many years.  There was a team that wanted to go in last year and see what was in the underwater cave they reference.  The state told them they couldn't because of some endangered snails that are only found in that region (no joke). So we'll have to see what happens.  My guess is that they will find some Native American artifacts (because they are everywhere down in Southern Utah) and that'll be it.

Goddamn snails. It's ALWAYS because of the snails!!! Lol. Hey, I love native american artifacts, so, still be cool to watch. Is that place open to ALL treasure hunters, Frank, or, was special access granted just for the television guys?

(12-03-2014 10:44 PM)biggredd1972@yahoo.com Wrote: [ -> ]Most of the reality shows like this are done for ratings. A popular subject lot of buildup and suspense , a few curve ball here and there then they get almost to end of season or show (if only one) they leave you hanging.

CORRECTAMUNDO!!! Does anyone remember the infamous Al Capone Vault Opening? It MADE Geraldo Rivera's entire career...which ain't saying much Tongue

Joe
(12-03-2014 11:34 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2014 10:37 PM)SLCdigger Wrote: [ -> ]I've watched this show for the past 2 seasons.  Last season, the guy was looking for proof of Vikings coming to North America.  It was very entertaining. 

Goddamn snails. It's ALWAYS because of the snails!!! Lol. Hey, I love native american artifacts, so, still be cool to watch. Is that place open to ALL treasure hunters, Frank, or, was special access granted just for the television guys?

I believe it's private land.  The owner probably makes the mortgage payments off of the TV guys.  Here is a link that offers some more info. 

http://m.ksl.com/index/story/sid/2867352...e_direct=y

(12-03-2014 10:44 PM)biggredd1972@yahoo.com Wrote: [ -> ]Most of the reality shows like this are done for ratings. A popular subject lot of  buildup and suspense , a few curve ball here and there then they get almost to end of season or show (if only one) they leave you hanging.

CORRECTAMUNDO!!! Does anyone remember the infamous Al Capone Vault Opening? It MADE Geraldo Rivera's entire career...which ain't saying much Tongue

Joe
cool show .
Reference URL's