Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Bulk Shot Last 4 Days
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I found a half too!!! But is was a Bicentennial Kennedy CLAD!!! DAMN!!!!

IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WOODS!!!

And the highlight of the day was a 1953 Canadian Copper!

And the shot of all those pennies I found wrapped up in a grocery bag. A 55D Wheat in the bag.

And a gold clad on silver clad over nickel pendant with "Tammy" engraved on the back.

And a dog tag.

And some clad!!

Have fun out there and Happy Hunting!!!

Ed

Oh, yeah, and one whole heck of a lot of junk!!!
That's a lot of pennies, Battery/gas money, one of the few hobbies than can pay for itself.A slow day detecting Beat a day at work any day.
(12-08-2014 08:31 PM)biggredd1972@yahoo.com Wrote: [ -> ]That's a lot of pennies, Battery/gas money, one of the few hobbies than can pay for itself.A slow day detecting Beat a day at work any day.

I agree Redd. You know my aim is silver and that I cover ground. I repeat areas I find silver at. Heavily. Lately. Right or wrong, it's an assurance that I cannot find any more there with my machine.

But your point is welcomed. When I first started to detect, my aim was clad. I saved enough clad to buy new coils for my Delta, a new Garrett Pin Pointer and a new digger. And I continued to find clad but little silver. I knew that at some point I would grow out of the Delta and need a machine that could do both. I made the jump. I don't regret it. What I do regret is not having enough spots near that will "up" my silver count. Many of the areas I hunt lately have been hunted before. I kind of think that in some ways, by my methods, I may be stripping the last of the silver coinage out. But I don't know that for sure. I hit very tough areas that are overgrown and terrible to detect. But that's where I find the old silver.

So every time I'm out there in the woods, I prove to myself that "I've" hunted this area out and need to look for a new location. Some of those times I've been very successful. And sometimes not. But the thing that keeps me going and wanting to do this is that I know I can find it. As you say in your old by line, "Others have done it, and so can I." , that's the cusp of detecting, the knowledge that it's out there.

And it is. For battery money, fuel, or just the knowing that you can, it is! YesYesYes

Ed
wow, that`s a lot of coinage. clad or not. what a haul ...
and nothing wrong with a Bicentennial Kennedy at all, been many years since ive
seen one pop out the dirt. so great catch .
the woods can be quite a chore to hunt, many other detectorists choose not to hit them. it seems like every time i think a spot i have been hunting in the woods is drying up. there always seems to be another bush, tree, or log i didn`t hit behind, and there lays that next good find.
your doing an awesome job cleaning out those wooded areas Ed.
keep up the good work, there`s plenty more out there for you ... Yes

BONES ...
That is alot of pennies. The phone shaped dog tag is pretty cool. You know that half is as old as me.
I like the telephone tag thing!

Cool 1/2 too and an overall good haul of coinage Ed Yes
Congrats on your plate full of goodies!!
Reference URL's