Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Sidewalk easements
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Do you hunt sidewalk easements? If so what has been your experience with people who live along where you've hunted?
I never have. I don't think people would like it too much.
I have but some don't like it but it's city property here. It's legal already checked that some don't mind after you explain to them what your doing and be respectful and cover your holes. Some thought I worked for city looking for some kind of leak. If they get upset I just move on down and leave them be.
Not permitted in the town i am in.
(12-09-2014 03:09 AM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]Not permitted in the town i am in.
That's not good ,you finds lots of old coins and things along where people been getting in and out and under car for years. Heck here in my town there is a law on the books (no longer enforced) you can't drive a motorized vehicle on main street, you will scare the horses.
(12-09-2014 09:46 AM)biggredd1972@yahoo.com Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-09-2014 03:09 AM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]Not permitted in the town i am in.
That's not good ,you finds lots of old coins and things along where people been getting in and out and under car for years. Heck here in my town there is a law on the books (no longer enforced) you can't drive a motorized vehicle on main street, you will scare the horses.

It`s all good ....
there are some old coins around here, i live in St Augustine Fl the nations oldest city est. 1565. they can keep their sidewalks, im doing just fine swinging the woods ...

it`s gonna be 61 today, clear blue skies ... i`m heading to the woods . Yes
(12-09-2014 10:13 AM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-09-2014 09:46 AM)biggredd1972@yahoo.com Wrote: [ -> ]

It`s all good ....
there are some old coins around here, i live in St Augustine Fl the nations oldest city est. 1565. they can keep their sidewalks, im doing just fine swinging the woods ...

it`s gonna be 61 today, clear blue skies ... i`m heading to the woods . Yes

Redd, I have done some at my kids properties but never had a good deal of luck. There are some that border the city parks that I'd like to get at.

BONES. NICE on the weather front there!! 37F today with spotty showers and tomorrow snow. And I'm heading to the woods too!!
This was a hot topic a while back. I'll try & hunt the thread down. As for me...

I think they hold GREAT potential, and around here, most are up for grabs to hunt. However, I just don't feel comfortable poking around directly in front of some strangers house. Too ripe for potential 'issues'. IMO, hunting the easements makes us stick out like sore thumbs, and in this age of heightened 9/11 panic, would create too much of a stir.

Don't have anything against anyone doing them, as they certainly aren't off-limits, just not my mug of beer.

Joe
In our town they have been replacing a lot of sidewalk and curbs, so I tried a few spot some coins, a few people ask what I was doing and in most case no problems.A friend of my wears one of the orange/yellow safety vest when he is doing the sidewalk, people think's he one of the workers.
I know most of the town I live in pretty well. I hunt mostly in the section that is older and has mostly rental property, most renters don't seem to care.

Bones I understand about St Augustine Fl you can't detect in most areas there from what I gather.

NYNJ I noticed that other thread after I posted this on the bottom of page where the related topics are answered most of my curiosity's Thanks..
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's