Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: VA Washington Mason Coin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I found this cool coin in my brothers yard.
Hey bud, not sure cause its a little dirty and I'm viewing on a phone, but you may have something really good there. Can you gently clean or soak in soapy water, then maybe lightly coat with olive oil so we can see the details?? Pic next to a dime for size would help. I found a crazy "coin" along the same type as that once, turned out be worth some $$$.
I don't know what it is, but damn, that's an interesting piece! Ray is right, just going by the simple fact that it has George Washingtons name on it, it deserves a good once over Yes 

Hunt your brothers yard HARD!!!

Joe
(07-16-2013 06:32 PM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]Hey bud, not sure cause its a little dirty and I'm viewing on a phone, but you may have something really good there. Can you gently clean or soak in soapy water, then maybe lightly coat with olive oil so we can see the details?? Pic next to a dime for size would help. I found a crazy "coin" along the same type as that once, turned out be worth some $$$.

It's about half dollar size. I'll try to clean it up better after I go home. I will try to do a little research too. I posted it on another forum too and everyone thinks it's real cool but no one has ever seen one before.
Try the PCGS forum...that's where they told me what I had. Its very cool, because I'm not too knowledgable on the masons, but I do recall rumors of a G. WASHINGTON CONNECTION. oops, sorry hit cap lock, lol.
(07-16-2013 07:45 PM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]Try the PCGS forum...that's where they told me what I had. Its very cool, because I'm not too knowledgable on the masons, but I do recall rumors of a G. WASHINGTON CONNECTION. oops, sorry hit cap lock, lol.

What is PCGS forum?
(07-16-2013 10:55 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-16-2013 07:45 PM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]Try the PCGS forum...that's where they told me what I had. Its very cool, because I'm not too knowledgable on the masons, but I do recall rumors of a G. WASHINGTON CONNECTION. oops, sorry hit cap lock, lol.

What is PCGS forum?

Just google it..its a coin forum...
Reference URL's