Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #58 A BIG One!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Got to spend four hours out today. Weather was perfect.

Expected to find a couple of dimes but 1.5 hours in this popped out at 6 inches along a deer trail in the woods. This is in better shape than the 42 Walker Half I found on June 15th of this year and my 4th silver half this season and 3rd Walker.

I also found that 44 wheat about 4 inches away in a separate plug. The usual clad, can tops, wine bottle caps and 2 brass door knobs of all things. All in all it turned out to be a great day!! Going to go hit it again tomorrow!!!

Have fun out there and Happy Hunting!!!

Ed
Holy Cow Ed !!! that 42 walker is sweet. man what a find, i have still yet to ever pull one myself. but you can bet it is hi on the list of hopefuls .
that is a sweet find. and in really nice shape to.

Very nice. ... Yes

BONES ...
Killer coin Ed. That big silver at 6" must have sounded great. Great hunt.
Nice!!!!

congrats
Nice half. It looks to be in great shape. A silver half is on my dig list too.
Great finds you have been doing really well this year
Nice to see somebody actually digging around here!!! Tongue That thing is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!!! In immaculate condition, too Yes Old trails are one of my favorite places to hunt. I normally work the trail itself, and maybe 20 or 30 feet on each side of it.

WAY TO GO, ED Party

Joe
Thanks Everybody! I never expected a half. A Quarter maybe. I had dug so many can tops that it was ridiculous. When I saw that rim under the roots I about crapped.

Ed
Right on Ed!! Been a loooong time since Ive got awalker.
(12-14-2014 07:54 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Nice One... I love that big silver.... Sad, I didn't get to go out to a real good spot I have, but went yesterday and dug two seated dimes for my hunt... 1887 and a 1838, both at about 7 to 8" deep.

The Ghost Cool

Got to spend four hours out today. Weather was perfect.

Expected to find a couple of dimes but 1.5 hours in this popped out at 6 inches along a deer trail in the woods. This is in better shape than the 42 Walker Half I found on June 15th of this year and my 4th silver half this season and 3rd Walker.

I also found that 44 wheat about 4 inches away in a separate plug. The usual clad, can tops, wine bottle caps and 2 brass door knobs of all things. All in all it turned out to be a great day!! Going to go hit it again tomorrow!!!

Have fun out there and Happy Hunting!!!

Ed
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's