Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #59 War Nickel, 29 Buff & Doorknob #4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yep, you heard me right, Doorknob # 4!! Found two more today at another location. ???? I have no idea!!! ????

Picked out the 29 Buff (4 inches) in a new area I have never been too. It's a hike in through areas I've done so I didn't spent a ton of time there as I wasted a good 2 hours detecting my way there. But! 16 inches away from the Buff pulled out the 44 P War Nickel. And the ground is iron rich. Had to notch up my IM to 18 and drop sensitivity to 16 to get by.(11" Pro Coil) The area is amazingly still overgrown with these damn Burning Bushes and Raspberry vines and there are a lot of bogs scattered about. I'm going to go back and check it out next time but get an early start because it'll take a while to hunt it (60 acres of woods and bogs). I have to say the two were dropped by hunters as I did pass up a few signals that could have been Headstamps. Other than that, in a few open areas I checked, all I could hear was the threshold hum. Nada iron, junk or scrap with little blanking.

The religious pendant is silver plated and rang up a strong high tone and Quarter VID. Dug three plugs to get it as it was on edge. At another location as the play money token.

Have fun out there and Happy Hunting.

Ed
Nice war nickel & buff, Ed Yes What is it with you and knobs, lately?! Rasberry vines & burning bushes? Sounds like an old Jerry Garcia medley Chuckle

Joe
(12-15-2014 09:16 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Nice war nickel & buff, Ed Yes What is it with you and knobs, lately?! Rasberry vines & burning bushes? Sounds like an old Jerry Garcia medley Chuckle

Joe

Just gotta dig all those 1-29, 28, 29 signals no matter what! You'll be up to your armpits in doorknobs (and cans) in no time!!!

Ed
real nice hunt Ed, that little charm is real nice.
great job on the Buff and War nickle as well.
that funny money is pretty cool, bet that looked real good in the hole for a sec.

Nice hunt ...

Bones ...
(12-15-2014 09:27 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]real nice hunt Ed, that little charm is real nice.
that funny money is pretty cool, bet that looked real good in the hole for a sec.

Nice hunt ...

Bones ...

Looked even better on the screen!! But so do doorknobs!!!

Ed
(12-15-2014 09:35 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-15-2014 09:27 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]real nice hunt Ed, that little charm is real nice.

Nice hunt ...

Bones ...

Looked even better on the screen!! But so do doorknobs!!!

Ed

You mentioned jumping the possible shotgun brass, ive had those ring up just like a coin depending on the type they sound great and ID right in that sweet spot sometimes.
and, i bet that door knob sounded real sweet ... Yes
Nice nickels. You're right about the knobs and cans. On my last hunt I dug a can top 10" down. It makes me wonder if can tops are that deep then how deep could old coins be in that area.
Some nice coinage there. I know what ya'll mean some items sound to good to pass up although you never know till you see just what ya got. It's kinda like rolling the dice sometimes it's crap.
(12-15-2014 09:43 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Nice nickels. You're right about the knobs and cans. On my last hunt I dug a can top 10" down. It makes me wonder if can tops are that deep then how deep could old coins be in that area.

Good Point! Crap, I dug a clad quarter at 13" this summer. If it was a silver I think it would have had a higher tone. Silver has that tone that just says, "Careful on this one son, don't damage it." Same with Bones statement about buttons and headstamps. I have dug so many headstamps that I know them by the sound and the numbers. I dig about every third one just to check. No buttons!! Same with the nickels today, but I used logic. After tooling around the open areas with nada for signal and then coming upon that kinda nickel signal, I said to myself, out loud, "This can't possibly be a pull tab way the hell out here." Bam, Buff. Then a war nickel a short distance away. And I've never dug a war nickel, so under those circumstances, you dig everything around the Buff, which is what I did. But in that area there was a lot of background iron beep beep crap clogging the ears, even with IM on. So you take it slow and sweep the hell out of it.

You think about trying your Teknetics with the DD there in the iron? Probably a faster response on that one.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's