Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Bronze Masonic Holy Bible , silver spoon. musket ball. odd lead.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
( one of my favorite finds to date )
Pulled up a Bronze Masonic Holy Bible. ( paper weight ) thank you for ID help BiggRedd ...
also pulled up a tiny silver tea spoon with the makers mark of 4 crowns on the back.
an odd split screw, on the screw head it reads :
KEARNEY toronto St Louis 6 pat nos - 1943677 & 1947867.
also pulled a flat piece of lead i thought was another flattened fired round musket ball, but it has a stamped ring around the outer edge, and the letter D visible on the top.
( any ID help on those pieces welcome ).
and a small buckle .
another nice dropped lead musket ball. and a few other scraps.

Thanks for peeking ...
BONES ...

[attachment=4648][attachment=4649][attachment=4650][attachment=4651][attachment=4652][attachment=4653][attachment=4654][attachment=4655][attachment=4656][attachment=4657][attachment=4658][attachment=4659][attachment=4660]
Thanks BiggRedd, i just looked it up as well, looks like the Masonic bible is a 1920`s 1940`s paper weight. thanks for the ID help.
sure surprised me to pull it up, not as old as i expected but still a sweet find, love it .
thanks for the link as well. i have a bucket full of shotgun brass, been cleaning the head stamps for a display.
posted a pick of them a little while back ... i have been taking the side walls off so they are like a button. and going to mount them on a display.

BONES ...
(12-18-2014 06:36 PM)dougj7 Wrote: [ -> ]Cool finds. The paperweight must have been a loud target. How deep was it?

Thank you Doug. it was a screamer, it was just below the surface about 3 - 4 inches.

(12-18-2014 06:33 PM)biggredd1972@yahoo.com Wrote: [ -> ]Found this link for E-bay listing on Masonic Bible http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Bronze-M...1027792078

Wow, didn`t expect that, pretty pricey ...
Looks like the older vintage Masonic paper weights sell for a good penny.
it`s gonna sit on the desk till i pass it to the daughter ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ANTIQUE-SOLID-BR...4867ad5d3b

Bones ...
(12-18-2014 10:39 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome Bible. Is the flattened lead a seal? Great finds my friend.

Thanks all,
not sure PBW, it may be a squashed lead bag seal, gonna peek at it later and see if i can notice anything else on it.
Reference URL's