Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: CHARLES RICHARD printing stamp.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
found what appears to be some kind of paper printing stamp or die. it reads the name CHARLES RICHARD in reverse . about 4 inches long .
a fork markers mark 1847 Rogers bros IS Remembrance , and two silver plate spoons, one reads warwick - something . one identical to another i pulled up a month or two ago. a nice little bottle, a skating green bear. 41d wheat .
another dropped round ball, and a few other odd items .

BONES ... ize]

[attachment=4665][attachment=4666][attachment=4667][attachment=4668][attachment=4669][attachment=4670][attachment=4671][attachment=4672][attachment=4673][attachment=4674]
(12-19-2014 08:12 PM)biggredd1972 Wrote: [ -> ]Found a link that maybe related to Charles Richard http://bigelowsociety.com/rod2006/richard6.htm it mentions a lot about Florida. Bones this may shed some light on the situation as only you know exactly where you dug these items. Hope this helps.

WOW !!!
nice research
Thank you ...

BONES ...

CHARLES RICHARD was a capt in one of Englands infantry units.
i have been finding tones of similar relics such as the 60th regiment buttons and civil war infantry buttons, it is possible this is the same Charles Richard

https://books.google.com/books?id=pb0WAg...ly&f=false
nice work BiggRedd .
(12-19-2014 07:53 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Nice job on the spoons!! And fork. Looked into that 4 crowns spoon you showed last night and couldn't find anything on it. Sterling or plated.That Richard thing is a printing press insert. The guy must've used his name a lot because they're usually single letters. The skating bear has to be a kids charm. Nice group of finds Bones!

Ed

Thank you Ed, i do agree to have a complete name plate for printing or stamping your name you would have been doing it a lot, which makes me believe it was someone of pretty high importance with the need to stamp his name often ...
(12-22-2014 09:04 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Now that's a cool find! You should make it into a hand stamp, get an ink pad and just stamp it on everything for fun. That is some history behind it, too. Wonder what it was used for?

not sure if its the same guy.
(12-22-2014 09:37 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe something to stamp cargo boxes for ships? That would be my guess, as it looks kinda big. Whatever it was used for, it is cool!

Joe

no telling ... never found anything related to cargo ships in my woods. but who knows. Wink
Bones ...
Reference URL's