Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: This one's going in the shadowbox I'm making for CW relics ;-)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Semi restored Eagle Breastplate - will post a pic of the box and complete contents when finished this coming spring

[Image: _57_zps9aac1953.jpg]
Wow that will be very nice when you get it displayed , something to be very proud of.
Wow !!! That is sweet MRH. all the bigger pieces are still hiding from me right now.
hoping to hit on a few Civil war buckles and other larger pieces any day here.
That is going to be one sweet display piece.
Very Nice ...

Bones ...
Nice piece but need a little back story to with it!! Wink

Did you dig it? Where? When? Huh

That is a sweet piece of history and would like a little more info if you can share.

Any before restoration pics?

Also interested in the restoration and who did it. These days a lot of relics are getting restored and I have mixed feelings about that, but that is a thread in itself!!

Sweeeeet Breastplate and I am sure it will look fantastic in a nice display!! My first BP is in a shadow box as well!
(12-21-2014 05:35 PM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]Nice piece but need a little back story to with it!! Wink

Did you dig it? Where? When? Huh

That is a sweet piece of history and would like a little more info if you can share.

Any before restoration pics?

Also interested in the restoration and who did it. These days a lot of relics are getting restored and I have mixed feelings about that, but that is a thread in itself!!

Sweeeeet Breastplate and I am sure it will look fantastic in a nice display!! My first BP is in a shadow box as well!

Thanks Ron (and everyone else) Yes

The story behind this one isn't as glamorous as I'd like it to be! Meaning that *I* personally didn't find this piece (wish I did!).

Rather - I bought it from a guy that lives in Gatlinburg Tn. He found it some yrs ago in a camp in the Franklin Tn. area but he has like 5 or 6 of them now and this was the only "restored" piece in his collection.

It had a crack across the rgt side next to the eagle covering approx. 1/3rd of the piece. He sent it in to a guy in SC someplace that specializes in restoring plates, buckles, buttons, etc. and the guy worked his magic to get it to what you see now.

Anyway - I traded him a new sampson T handle and a $100 for it to help complete the CW shadowbox I've been working on for a bit --- it's all nice non dug stuff for the most part (this is the only dug piece in it) but you can't really tell it's been dug now.

Once complete - I'll be listing the box/collection for sale at auction to try and make a buck but it's going to be a serious collectors piece/set/collection NOT for the "light in the wallet" types! lol

That's sort of my hobby/2nd job these days - I buy/sell collectibles, coins, etc. on the side for extra cash - nothing too serious like I once did but it's in the blood and keeps me occupied/busy, etc. while making a few bucks here & there too.

Beer
And now I know the rest of the story,lol. Right on dude,very cool.
Thanks for the info.

Look forward to seeing the completed project!
Very interesting piece and a good story. Just goes to show us non relic collectors what you guys really do to maintain a great hobby!!! Thanks for posting.

Ed
That's really cool. Can't wait to see the whole display.
Reference URL's