Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: V3i or Minelab ETRAC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, just wondering what your thoughts on how the V3I stacks up against the Minelab ETRAC?  Let me know your thoughts!  Thanks guys for your time!!
Take this for what it's worth a couple of diggers local to me one with V3i one with etrac both say the etrac is little better on silver but the V3i better for gold. They say they are both excellent machines in their opinions. That is in the soil here in south east Missouri.
Depends on if you want more of a turn on and go/hunt machine (Etrac)

OR

if you want to spend an hour setting up the machine for the site you're hunting at that specific moment and then have to do it again when you move to another (V3i)
Ah ha ha ha ha !!!! Thanks so much for the reply.  Straight to the point!! Respect that sir
Yes I have used them both and like them, They are correct what they said etrac is a silver machine maybe a touch more depth depends on your area.
V3i is great on gold and good depth. All the information you get is great but I would think the learning curve might be a little higher
Mostly depends on what you ground is like in the area you hunt in. And mostly a personal choice
Merry Christmas
I have never actually run the V3i but frequently hunt with fellows that use them as they're pretty popular around here. They are a very effective tool in the right hands , which means people who have given them more than a cursory use and then relegated them to the closet or sold them after not taking the time to learn them. One friend in particular is very adept at calling a target correctly ,,quickly and at depth and I'm talking whether it's two zincs or a copper or nearly down to the shape of the canslaw. He is a very type "A" , compulsive , analytical electronic technician who understands not only every function but how they react with each other. He has been studying and using the V3i for about a year now and , for those like him , I feel it is a very appropriate machine.

It does take him about 15 or 20 feet of detecting at each site to get it dialed in. Happy
I run a V3i and I like it. So far I've made it a real point to run the factory presets. The only settings I've changed are more of preference. I prefer to use the Polar Plot vs. Sizing when using the analyze screen. 

Minelab definitely make nice machines, as does White's Electronics...
I would go with the V3i
Reference URL's