Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #61 Another 42 Walker!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I guess I'm Detecting Up the Market on 1942 P Walking Liberty Halves but who cares!!!

I wish I would find some other date or a Benjamin for Lord's sake!

This one was a "can" signal for all intents and purposes. I mean except for the high tone the numbers went right up to 00-31 at 26 sense semi auto (Gain at 9) and it was only 2 inches in the dirt down under a 3 inch layer of leaves. Only reason I dug it was the size and the tone. Glad I did. I nicked it too because I saw the rim in the plug.

The rest of the stuff is from the 20th of December on. I only found one wheat and one clad quarter today outside of a lot of car parts, brass scrap and cans. This Walker was in the woods 20 feet from a roadway. Searched the surrounding area for about a half hour with nothing other than the Walker.

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

Have a great time out there and Happy Hunting!!

Ed
Holy Smokes Ed ... you are killing it man ... that is an awesome find.
very nice catch on the big silver.

Bones...
Nice half. #61 still have few more days Ed, make 'em count.
Way to go !!! Nice large silverYes
Awwww come ON man!!

Who the heck finds 3 (THREE!!!) freekin walkers in a year these days!?!?

Congrats Ed - you deserve it no doubt!

Cool dog tag too Yes

Beer
WOWZER, I actually thought this was an old post since you've been finding so many!!! Christ, you must live in some kinda Robin Leach-esque, high falutin, boomtown...nobody drops dimes around there!!!!! Chuckle Tongue And who needs'm when you're busy scooping up halves all day! I echo what Wayne said, finding the amount of halves you have in one year is RARE Beer

Joe
(12-23-2014 08:57 PM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]Awwww come ON man!!

Who the heck finds 3 (THREE!!!) freekin walkers in a year these days!?!?

Congrats Ed - you deserve it no doubt!

Cool dog tag too Yes

Beer
Wayne,

I can't say I'm sick of digging them but when I saw the date I said, "Jesus Christ Almighty, not another 42!" And to be honest, I think a lot of these were lost while the enlisted guys were home fooling around in the woods with their babes on picnics before they got shipped out.

But I'll take it. I gave the last one to my wife as poundage. (After I spit polished it.) So go figure, I find another one. Fate has strange ways of working. Now if I could only find a Morgan, Peace or Seated. Then I'd be happy as hell.

And Wayne.... It's 4 Walkers, 3 @ 1942 and 1 @ 1935. And 1 40% Kennedy 1966. It's not how you detect, it's where!

Ed

(12-23-2014 09:51 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]WOWZER, I actually thought this was an old post since you've been finding so many!!! Christ, you must live in some kinda Robin Leach-esque, high falutin, boomtown...nobody drops dimes around there!!!!! Chuckle Tongue And who needs'm when you're busy scooping up halves all day! I echo what Wayne said, finding the amount of halves you have in one year is RARE Beer

Joe
Joe,

I'm getting tired of posting them. I'm cornering the market on 42 Walkers!! If I find another one (42) I don't think I'll post it because it's getting boring. I made reference to the enlisted guys. I work a lot of areas that were once parking areas for cars back in the 30's, 40's and 50's and have since been relinquished to the woods as the roads changed course and were raised to get out of the muck. Roadway construction has come a long way since the 30's. Especially in the remote areas I work in. And get this. I found a road that was used in the teens and 20's in the middle of the woods! It's a half mile long, hasn't been used in over 50 years and I haven't even touched it yet. May save it for 2015. And thank you! I can't believe it either!!!!

Ed

(12-23-2014 08:10 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]Holy Smokes Ed ... you are killing it man ... that is an awesome find.
very nice catch on the big silver.

Bones...

Thank you BONES!! Yes But I want a SEATED too!!!!!

Ed
Ed
Do you think you could hide one of those at my favorite park here in New Jersey? I would sure like to find my first one!Tongue
Dang dude!Sure you aint coin roll hunting??j.k.
(12-24-2014 11:42 AM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]Dang dude!Sure you aint coin roll hunting??j.k.

Nope. That's no fun. I'd rather be in the good old outdoors tromping around in the woods!!

Ed
Reference URL's