Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Do you have a detector no longer needed??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Our club is looking for donations of older working detectors to use with children. They don't have to be anything special or expensive. Just something children can pick up and swing. In fact I will probably modify the shafts to get them short enough for 5, 6, and 7 year olds. As long as they beep when going over coins. If you have any headphones they would be appreciated for the older children. 
The FMDAC is holding their 2013 convention here in Knoxville and our club is hosting the events. We will be having a open hunt on Saturday the 26th of October for anyone who wishes to enter. Entry fee is $50.00. The hunt is all planted silver with tokens for prizes. On Sunday the FMDAC will hold 2 hunts and following the second hunt we will have a free children's hunt for the first 100 kids to register. So we are in need of a bunch of machines. If you have one or more email me at Coinhunter@Charter.net and lets teach some kids about our hobby.
Sounds like a good cause! Don't have any used detectors I can part with, but, I'm sure I have some headphones & other stuff around that I can send for the kids.

Joe
(07-19-2013 08:45 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like a good cause! Don't have any used detectors I can part with, but, I'm sure I have some headphones & other stuff around that I can send for the kids.

Joe

Thanks Joe. Received 2 new detectors today from South Carolina. Were going to give both of them away to a couple of lucky kids at the hunt. After all children are the future of our hobby.
Reference URL's