Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Hunt with Gerry F.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Video is from my last hunt with Gerry F. Hit an old standby spot we've picked to death over the last couple of years, but we go back occasionally trying to snipe another goodie or two that's still hiding. Got some keepers, but, the REAL prize was being able to get out to hunt in December...in just a thermal, no less!!!

P.S. - Apologize for my hacking, hemming & hawing in the video, I just can't seem to shake this cold 100%.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plwjis0hKdY

Joe
What wonderful dirt you have to play in , I'm jealous and so is my bride the gardener.
Get rid of that cold Happy
Some great finds.
love the old buckle ...

Bones ...
Great hunt in late December. This year is nothing like last year, yet at least. Maybe I'll get a chance this weekend. Supposed to be in the 50s Saturday.
Nice video and hunt was nice to see someone detecting
Cool beans Joe

love the buckle!

I'd be pounding that place several times -- that buckle was deep (9") according to the pro-pointer

and that combined with it (the buckle) looking to be a mid/later 19th century piece -

it leads me to believe you could possibly find seated coins there as well as injuns, and barber, etc!

Beer
Nice video Joe! Like that Buckle and Gerry's 17 Merc. Hope you can get out this weekend!!
(12-26-2014 01:44 AM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]Cool beans Joe

love the buckle!

I'd be pounding that place several times -- that buckle was deep (9") according to the pro-pointer

and that combined with it (the buckle) looking to be a mid/later 19th century piece -

it leads me to believe you could possibly find seated coins there as well as injuns, and barber, etc!

Beer

Thanks, Wayne. I didn't think the buckle was that old, maybe a bit later than turn of the century, so, I'm surprised. The wheats and silver START at about 6 or 7" at this particular spot, and with the buckle being only a couple inches deeper than that, I just assumed it was from the 20's or 30's. Still, I'll take it, mighty slow around here.

Joe
Reference URL's