Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 1897 V
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Took the TDI out for a swing today. The weather was amazing. First I was gonna try using the TDI wide open and dig every target. I started swinging and said forget that. I was hitting loud targets everywhere. I switched to high conductive to pick out coins. Got a few pennies and dimes and a 1925 wheatie. I wandered around to different areas and after awhile I thought I would try something different. I turned the pulse up to 17.5 and threw it down into low conductive. That's how I got the V nickel and other cool stuff. An old unfired 22 shell that has a U on the bottom. Probably UMC. Some kind of fancy designed thing. No idea what that is. Some kind of rigidy cap thing and a Hutchinson bottle top. I was using a Minelab 11" super goldsearch mono coil today for the first time. I like that coil. Kinda heavy though. The little Miner John 5x9 folded coil I have is light as a feather.
sweet catch on the V.
looks like you did quite a bit of digging.
i like that little ornate pin/brooch looking thing next to the V.
is that silver ...
nice finds ...

Bones ...
Nice v. one of the coins on my list to find.
Thanks Bones. I don't know what that little thing is. I cleaned it a little with just my fingers and water. The back looks brass. May have been plated at one time.

(12-27-2014 09:18 PM)biggredd1972 Wrote: [ -> ]Nice v. one of the coins on my list to find.

Thanks. It's only my second V and both were from the same park. Two different areas though. The wheatie I got today was near where I got my first V.
(12-27-2014 09:19 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Bones. I don't know what that little thing is. I cleaned it a little with just my fingers and water. The back looks brass. May have been plated at one time.
Nice looking little piece whatever it is.
and great catch on that V again, those are hard to find.
Nice digs PWill Yes

is that "rigidty" thing heavy?

Looks like the tip of a dart minus the needle point!

Beer
Nice digs with the TDI Will!! That V is a great find. Still on my bucket list. Nice grouping of finds overall!
(12-27-2014 09:40 PM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]Nice digs PWill Yes

is that "rigidty" thing heavy?

Looks like the tip of a dart minus the needle point!

Beer

It is heavy. The rounded end has no hole in it though. That's funny, Og said it was a dart piece too. Maybe.

(12-27-2014 09:49 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Nice digs with the TDI Will!! That V is a great find. Still on my bucket list. Nice grouping of finds overall!

Thanks Ed. I'm learning this machine more and more. I was in very mineralized ground and that nickel screamed at about 5-6" deep. This machine is real sensitive to low conductors. I dig no foil with it though. Makes for a great park hunter.
Nice V, Will!!! That's exactly what I was talking about earlier! Lemme ask you this...

Just a guesstimation, but, how many targets were keepers (coins, relics, doodads, etc.) that were over 8" that the TDI called iron?

Joe
(12-27-2014 10:29 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Nice V, Will!!! That's exactly what I was talking about earlier! Lemme ask you this...

Just a guesstimation, but, how many targets were keepers (coins, relics, doodads, etc.) that were over 8" that the TDI called iron?

Joe

I can't answer that question. The TDI doesn't ID like that. It has 2 tones. High and low. Low is high conductor and high is low conductor. Iron can go either way. If you ground balance properly most iron will low tone like a high conductor. You can set the ground balance low and cause most iron to high tone like low conductor. So if you want to dig low conductive targets you can set your machine to dig almost no iron and no foil. I did that for a while today and it's fun. You don't know what you might find. I did find that there are hot rocks that will scream low conductor. I dig no slag. It is there. It drives the pinpointer nuts, but the TDI sees right through it. Amazing. Even some of the dirt I dug was so mineralized that the TRX was going off all over the dug dirt. I would have to use another machine side by side to see what things ID as. Would be interesting, but I will never do it.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's