Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 55 Degree Hunt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
WTG Joe!!

Damn those SMART cars keep getting smaller! Wink

Nice Barber!
Nice score Joe.
awesome Marine emblem!!!  Im a former Marine '99-'03....Great find!!
(01-08-2015 06:31 PM)hosedragger996 Wrote: [ -> ]awesome Marine emblem!!!  Im a former Marine '99-'03....Great find!!

2 thank you's! The first for the kind comment on the find, and the second for your service!!! Yes You fought for us & our freedoms. The reason we are able to use forums like this to express ourselves, versus third world countries where they cannot, is chiefly because of service men & women like yourself who sacrificed themselves & fought for our freedoms. Much appreciated & God bless Happy

Any idea on the age of the piece?

Joe
Great Job! We need that 55 degree weather again. i'm tired of this single digits stuff
compared to size.....is it about the size of a quarter or larger? The reason why i ask is bc it could be a collar pin or 'piss cover' (the name for the specific headware. It appears to pretty modern. Just looking at it, its an enlisted Marine emblem and it appears it would have been on the right side of a dress uniform so the anchor points inward. The original color would be black or anodized brass. Also looks rather modern based on the variation of the eagle, globe and anchor.
(01-13-2015 06:33 PM)hosedragger996 Wrote: [ -> ]compared to size.....is it about the size of a quarter or larger? The reason why i ask is bc it could be a collar pin or 'piss cover' (the name for the specific headware. It appears to pretty modern. Just looking at it, its an enlisted Marine emblem and it appears it would have been on the right side of a dress uniform so the anchor points inward. The original color would be black or anodized brass. Also looks rather modern based on the variation of the eagle, globe and anchor.

Thank you for the info! Yeah, I suspected it wasn't too old, but wasn't sure. It's still a terrific piece, and to hold something in my hand that a uniformed soldier actually wore is badass.

Again, thank you for your service. It is a privilege to count you as a member Happy

Joe
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's