Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Minelab x terra 705
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey guys just wanted to get your thoughts on the 705 for deep coins and relics?  Thanks so much for the responses!
Any Minelab will be PHENOMENAL on coins. It'll surely get relic pieces, too, although, it's not what I would consider a 'relic' machine. Buttons, buckles, etc. are no problem, but, if you say you're going to be hunting iron heavy sites, the 705 just isn't going to cut the mustard. For cleaner parks, schoolyards, private yards, wooded sites and areas like that, no problemo.

Minelabs are great because of the multiple frequencies, however, with the 705, you MUST change the coil to enjoy different frequencies. Here's just a few of the myriad coil options at your disposal to change the frequencies; 3 kHz, 7.5 kHz, 18 kHz - in 6" thru 15" and so forth.

It is a great machine, however, be forewarned, it's recovery speed can be slooooooow. Will this prevent you from finding the good stuff? Not in the least, unless you're swinging along like a speed demon. A notch above a snails pace is recommended.

Watch videos of it in action on Youtube. Read the user manual. Look at online reviews by actual users. Do all of this BEFORE you buy Happy

Joe
Hey thanks for the reply. So the recovery time is slower than lets say AT Pro?  I've heard people say minelab is not for heavy iron. So does the slow recovery speed come with all minelabs?
(12-30-2014 01:07 PM)Firedigger109 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey thanks for the reply. So the recovery time is slower than lets say AT Pro?  I've heard people say minelab is not for heavy iron. So does the slow recovery speed come with all minelabs?

Minelab's in general aren't known for speed. Rather, they are depth demons, coupled with extremely accurate VDI info. The lower tier ML's can be sluggish. My Safari is pretty slow. Once you start moving up in the family, Explorer, Etrac, etc., they have a quicker recovery time. While I don't use one myself, I've hunted with several people that use the CTX's, and they are pretty darn quick. For a Minelab, of course. No Minelab can rival the speed of a Deus, T2, F75, or similar machines, yet, again, they're not supposed to. Not their strong suit.

Joe
Very useful info! Thanks so much for your time!
Reference URL's