Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: the things we find on an airport
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Luckily a buddy and myself have access to a regional airport to detect on. Bad side is we have to wait until the one runway closes...good side is its the oldest part (1920's earliest known). We've found silver, Wheaties, tons of bullets (probably BC its in a not so friendly neighborhood), old military parts, gernade parts and a 50 cal round.....yes that's right.
always fun to pull a live 50 cal.
i pulled two of these up about a month ago .
[attachment=4801]
I treated mine as if was live too...(coming from the Marines I was comfortable with it)....and not knowing how long it was there and the uncertainty of it being unstable or not.  I found that the primer was gone...so its good. Due to the stamp on the head 'L S 0 1' ...I found out it was from Lake City ammo...and assuming it was manufactured in 2001. I don't think they had that caliber in 1901.   It was found at 6-8 inches.
Neat!! Being that you're firefighters you must have some pull. I popped up out of the woods near CLE and TSA drove by to check me out even though I was way outside the fence. Interesting that you're finding that kind of stuff there!

Ed
The airport where our firehouse is close at used to be a military aviation training site between 1942-1945.  Its awesome when we pull up stuff that's dates back to that time.
Sounds like you got a really good virgin site , something lots of guys would drool over. Hope you find lot of cool stuff to post here.
sounds like it is going to be a neat site . Just be careful
(12-30-2014 12:33 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]always fun to pull a live 50 cal.
i pulled two of these up about a month ago .

Bones is one tough sonofabitch!!! He actually eats those things for breakfast!

Joe
(12-30-2014 07:53 PM)Steveo Wrote: [ -> ]sounds like it is going to be a neat site . Just be careful

will do..
Just never know what will POP out of the ground!!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's