Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Down in a hole!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Froze my flipping ass off before we got it together and started working! Dig trench, lay gravel, lay pipe, cover with gravel, backfill, all day long!!! It's a wonderful life and those damn ducks/geese will have to go somewhere else to find a pond. Then comes the regrading and seeding. Came home covered in mud and loving it!!!

Ed
Good work, Ed!!! Do you operate the backhoes yourself? Check those side walls for silver!!! Going down that far, wouldn't be surprised if you guys hit upon old bottles and whatnot. It's like the modern version of the old Al Capone Vault TV special!

Joe
(12-30-2014 06:07 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Good work, Ed!!! Do you operate the backhoes yourself? Check those side walls for silver!!! Going down that far, wouldn't be surprised if you guys hit upon old bottles and whatnot. It's like the modern version of the old Al Capone Vault TV special!

Joe

No CDL here so not an operator with the city guys. I can and have but it is "Verboten" to do so when they are Teamsters working for the City. I checked the digs and sides pretty thoroughly at lunch but nothing to report. Just the usual fill. Except I did find some good sized chunks of firebrick. So an old demo in the region was used as fill. I do know one fella that detects there did find a standing no date liberty a while back, so it is out there. Hey, another 350' to go!!! Ya never know!

Ed
(12-30-2014 06:22 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-30-2014 06:07 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Good work, Ed!!! Do you operate the backhoes yourself? Check those side walls for silver!!! Going down that far, wouldn't be surprised if you guys hit upon old bottles and whatnot. It's like the modern version of the old Al Capone Vault TV special!

Joe

No CDL here so not an operator with the city guys. I can and have but it is "Verboten" to do so when they are Teamsters working for the City. I checked the digs and sides pretty thoroughly at lunch but nothing to report. Just the usual fill. Except I did find some good sized chunks of firebrick. So an old demo in the region was used as fill. I do know one fella that detects there did find a standing no date liberty a while back, so it is out there. Hey, another 350' to go!!! Ya never know!

Ed

To hell with the Teamsters!!!!! Just wear your Treasure Classifieds tee! You'll have carte blanche throughout the entire town!!!

How far down would you say the fill goes?

Joe
[/quote]

To hell with the Teamsters!!!!! Just wear your Treasure Classifieds tee! You'll have carte blanche throughout the entire town!!!

Joe
[/quote]
Oh....... and where's Hoffa????? Probably in the foundation pour of the Whitestone Bridge. To flipping cold to wear just a TC shirt. And I wouldn't think of ruining it on such a job.

Fill though is a good foot to in some places 18 inches. Very distinct difference in the color of the soils and the virgin layer that was overcast. And the clay is hard to miss as it's a yellow/light brown on top and a blueish gray down below. Last dig we did we ran into a lot of very large 800 to 1000 # placer rocks, some as big as a bean bag chair. Not so here, yet.

Ed

Joe
[/quote]
Oh....... and where's Hoffa????? Probably in the foundation pour of the Whitestone Bridge. To flipping cold to wear just a TC shirt. And I wouldn't think of ruining it on such a job.

Fill though is a good foot to in some places 18 inches. Very distinct difference in the color of the soils and the virgin layer that was overcast. And the clay is hard to miss as it's a yellow/light brown on top and a blueish gray down below. Last dig we did we ran into a lot of very large 800 to 1000 # placer rocks, some as big as a bean bag chair. Not so here, yet.

Ed
[/quote]

Lol!!! 12 to 18" of fill?!?! Shows you exactly what we're up against sometimes in certain spots. Well...

May all your trenches be lined with silver & gold, sir Wink

Joe
Thank You SIR! I will update as time goes on. It'll be a three week project at least.
(12-30-2014 08:02 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Thank You SIR! I will update as time goes on. It'll be a three week project at least.

A three week project sounds better than a three hour tour. How the hell you gonna help run this place while monsooned on an island?!?!

Joe
Luke! I am your father.
Reference URL's