Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: New Horde in England December 21st, 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Check this out. Gets good at 2:46.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1718454/amateur...xon-coins/

1 Million English Pounds worth. And look at the machines in the background and the depth of the dig.

Ed
pay`s to dig those big odd signals don`t it im sure that lead bucket of silver sounded off
like a pile of buried beer cans ... Wink
Great share, Ed! And this is PRECISELY why all of the detector manufacturers are honing in on the overseas markets...it's where the real action is.

One of the major ways they sell machines is by touting what customers found in their advertisements. Here, the majority of the hobby is comprised of coinshooters, who mostly find silver, which, aside from rare pieces, aren't worth a whole lot. The dreamy days of guys walking home with pocketfuls of silver are long gone. Beach hunters, relic guys & gold hunters can do very well, but they're a smaller subset of this pasttime. Less action. Less action = not as easy as 20 or so years ago to sell a machine. More competition from emerging detector manufacturers, too. On the other side of the pond...

You have guys literally getting rich via this hobby. Million dollar finds. Hordes. Buying a detector is akin to purchasing a lottery ticket. Stunning finds making headlines the world over. Tons of publicity. Coins that are thousands of years old. This is action. All of this helps to move more product. As a coin hunter primarly myself, spending $1,500 or $2,000 for a detector to find basically scrap silver is a tough pill to swallow, yet, I'd do it because I'm a junkie, one of the hardcore few. I love this hobby. It's in my blood. Many will not though, and it's more than understandable. However...

A guy overseas won't flinch at spending $2,000 or $3,000 on gear, as there's a chance (as small as it may be) that he will strike the big one. Now, ask yourself...

If you were a manufacturer, where would most of your product development, attention & marketing be focused on? Can't blame them, it's smart business. Period.

The times they are a changing!

Joe
(12-31-2014 08:46 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Check this out. Gets good at 2:46.

1 Million English Pounds worth. And look at the machines in the background and the depth of the dig.

Ed

Looked like all XP DEUS ...
wonder what that would id like on the Etrac ...
(12-31-2014 11:28 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-31-2014 08:46 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Check this out. Gets good at 2:46.

Ed

Looked like all XP DEUS ...
wonder what that would id like on the Etrac ...

Don't know there Bones! Same question on the SE Pro. I know I can find 56 Buick's, but a horde, well I guess it would be a high tone wide fading signal/tone, and full out on the machine at that depth. But that deep???? I'd guess you'd just have to dig it. A dilemma with me as I have a lot of overloads, but by VID, I just know they are cans. After digging so many of them, I can call it a can. If tight on targeting, I dig it anyway. Crap shoot. I think a lot of those guys over there dig the iffy's because there's too much of a possibility that it could be what they found in the video. Seems back in those archaic days it was popular to hide wealth underground for one reason or another, ei .. Romans, Tax Men, Raiding Tribes, Mother-in-Laws, etc...

Ain't got too much of that over on this territory. A few, but nothing like that scope.
Wouldn't it be nice to dig up a horde here instead of a "Tractor Seat"! Chuckle

Ed
Oh come ON!!!

When's it gonna be MY turn!?

Beer
Reference URL's