Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Half penny's, and unknown. Ace 250' 20 min hunt.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi had a quick look back over a patch I had been on before, close to home in Shropshire England.  So far from this patch about 30 metres by 10 I have had 2ha,penny's, 1 1934 silver sixpence, a small token of some kind and 3 or 4 unknown. I thought it was exhausted but found another three coins, two in the same hole about seven or eight inches down and then another same depth about two feet away. Two are in great condition. 1938 and 1942 ha,penny's but the other I can only read the queens head on which was less than an inch away from the best of the ha,penny's. I don't know what it is only that it is a female head and although it's the same size it is a lot thinner than the others. 
   Any ideas will be welcome.

Sorry missed photo of reverse sides.
Really nice catch on the half pennies.
Great job.

Bones ..
Nice hunt!! I'd guess those half pennies mean to you what our wheat pennies are over here and when we find those we slow down and check the area. Do you think that sixpence will clean up any?
Yes I think they are, and yes the silver sixpence has cleaned well I have found two in total , the other was about 100 meters away. ( my first silver!!!!) this was alone with nothing else near and did not clean as well. I have also found 2 small musket balls where I found the coins.  I'm away to my mums in Scotland tomorrow so may get chance for a sniff about while there. She now lives I a village called new abbey with a big ruin where lady devorgilla buried her husbands heart. A long story but steeped in history.
 My nephew lives there with his ace 250 too so may get twinned up to cover some area.
Let us know how you do! Sounds like an interesting place to go Detecting!
Beautiful coins! Spices things up seeing the coinage from overseas. Very good hunt Happy

Joe
Yes if I get chance to get out I will let you know how I do. 
    Can't wait!
Cool stuff. What was the heart buried in?
Nice Digs --Congrats!
Cool ships 1/2 pennies and buckle Yes

Beer
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's