Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Lead Bag Seals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[attachment=4847][attachment=4848][attachment=4849][attachment=4850]I have found and posted a couple of Bag Seals that I found in a park here in Frankfurt, Germany. A few people seemed interested in them and I was able to identify them so here they are.
The first one is from Kehl, Germany, in southern Germany (Bavaria) and the second one is from Nantes, France. Both are customs seals from the city and are from around the 1800's. I am going to try to contact the cities and see if I can get more information.
[attachment=4847][attachment=4848][attachment=4849][attachment=4850]
Those are nice. Highly detailed. most I find are a pretty simple design.

Very cool!
Cool seals!! I've never found any so thanks for posting. It's neat that you found those in Germany. Were you detecting near rail lines?

Ed
(01-02-2015 03:53 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Cool seals!! I've never found any so thanks for posting. It's neat that you found those in Germany. Were you detecting near rail lines?

Ed

No, these were in a huge park in the middle of the city. Although the park was a prominent residence with a mansion so I would gather that they had deliveries. I have found coins from 1622 on. It's a great place to hunt.
Those are some real nice seals. and in great shape.
very nice finds ...

Bones ...
Those are some real cool seals. Almost look like coins.
Very nice Yes

Some bag seals can bring a good sum of $$

very cool

Beer
Very nice and way to go on ID them
Those are the nicest bag seals I've ever seen before! VERY cool Yes

Joe
Reference URL's