Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: What To Do When The Weather Is Terrible
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys I'm pretty much eat up with this hobby as much as one could be, what in the world do you guys do when you can't get out and huntSad
We get on the forum and complain about the weather.
Research for that next location. Learn the history of your area. You can't do to much research. Old maps of your area look up the historical sites. Trip to library can lead to very useful information.
Good info. Thanks guys
Clean up my detector/pin pointer/sling bag. I also like to go for walks in woods areas that I've never hunted before. You know, kinda get a feel for the spot, check out the property boundaries, target a spot to start detecting in the Spring. Go through all the stuff I found over the season and try and category it, toss out any real junk. There's plenty to do. Sometimes I have to force myself to do them though. Depends on how I feel.
Suck it up and go detect!!!!  Lol
Time to read, old maps, history books from towns nearby etc. Also watch youtube. Read the forum.
(01-03-2015 01:24 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]We get on the forum and complain about the weather.

LoL!

Sounds like "me" Wink

Beer
Like everyone else, I try to find new hunting spots. I also like to look at the pieces I found that season more closely & enjoy them better. To be honest though, I kind of relish the off season (am I the only one? Lol). I am NOT an early riser, and detecting is one of the only activities that can make me do so, aside from work. Normally, I'm out digging EVERY day I'm not working, if possible. So, at the end of a long season, I have to admit I enjoy being able to sleep in WITHOUT feeling like I'm missing action in the field. The down time also makes me appreciate the time more when I can finally detect again. I'll sneak out on the warmer days in the winter for some hunts, but, for the most part, I find it good to recharge my batteries.

Joe
Reference URL's