Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Hot dog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It was raining all day today. It stopped a little after 4. Since my last hunt I've been wanting to try the TDI in low conductive settings again. So I took it out in the yard to see what I've missed. I was only out there 15 or 20 minutes. I was surprised to find that the ground is already freezing. Solid about 2-3" deep. I dug some small shallow stuff and thought I had nothing even interesting. I had to put the stuff under the spigot anyway to see what it was. One piece was all bent up and I thought it was just a broken piece of something. I straightened it out some and still didn't see it til it was sitting next to the sink. It's a dog. Maybe from an old collar or something. Like I said before I love the low conductive digging with the TDI. You don't know what will pop up. I had my gain set high. I should probably turn it down some to avoid those tiny targets. Can't wait to get back out for a real hunt.
Neat find but looks like it was a cold dog till you found it.
(01-03-2015 07:25 PM)biggredd1972 Wrote: [ -> ]Neat find but looks like it was a cold dog till you found it.

Yeah I guess so.
That is pretty cool, it looks like the dog was some kind of pin
due to the little tabs on the back.
is it made of brass / copper or something like that.
Pretty cool.

I would take a brass dog over a tin chicken any day ... Wink

Bones ...
It's the Monopoly dog, Will!!! Lol. How big is your yard roughly? Ground is still okay here. It was snowing today, with about a half inch of snow on grassy surfaces, and the streets are like mush. And tomorrow is supposed to be approaching 65 degrees!!!!! Go figure Tongue

Joe
Yeah Joe. It does look like the monopoly dog. Supposed to be nice here tomorrow too. I'm not gonna have time to get out tomorrow.

I think it's brass Bones. I don't know, that tin chicken was pretty sweet.
GO STEELERS!!!!
Tin chicken? Oh yeah. Where is the "hot dog"??? Oops, Brass Scottie! GO STEELERS!!! The Hominus Minimus (Brownies) sure are gone and forgotten.

Ed
(01-03-2015 11:56 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Tin chicken? Oh yeah. Where is the "hot dog"??? Oops, Brass Scottie! GO STEELERS!!! The Hominus Minimus (Brownies) sure are gone and forgotten.

Ed

Season's over. Oh well it was a good one. I had a ball watching this game.
Reference URL's