Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Minelab Explorer 2 vs Minelab Safari
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, which one would you prefer? And why?
I know the Safari is a newer model, but I've never used either one. I'm interested to know what tbe differences are too.
(01-07-2015 06:14 PM)Firedigger109 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, which one would you prefer? And why?

The Explorer 2 is probably (IMO) one of the best Minelab's ever. I've known a few guys over the years that hunted with them, and they're fantastic. Then again, ALL the models are, but there are a few that will do some things better, the 2 being one of them. It gets a bit more depth (not vast amounts, but every extra bit helps), and a lot of people feel the tones are richer. The only downside to be frank...

Is they're older, and repair could be difficult if it breaks. Parts could be hard to come by, and it would be expensive, to boot.

For my type of hunting, I base the majority of my buying decisions on depth. ALL of the ML's will get about the same in that department. However, 'about' is a strange word. If one unit got an extra half inch or so, that could mean the difference between hearing & not hearing a good target.

I use the Safari, and I would NEVER get rid of it. Simple to use, same FBS technology as the Explorers, Etrac's, etc. & just plain deadly on coins. What I MAY lack in depth from the higher end models, I more than make up for by hunting in all metal. And whenever I need even further depth, I can simply throw on a bigger coil.

Watch videos on YouTube of both in action, and read the manuals to get a better idea which is right for you.

Joe
There is a Safari listed on the classifieds.
E2 because is is the best FBS machine for deep turf hunting.
Reference URL's