Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Frozen Ground Affect Depth?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This might be an odd question, though, I was just wondering this today...

We all know metal detector depth is compromised when the ground is drier, well, what about if the ground is frozen. Will this too affect depth? I'm leaning towards no, however, since the moisture is frozen, it isn't circulating, ie; isn't reaching all areas. Hence, "drier" ground, in a sense.

Plausible?

Joe
You cannot dig the undigable.
(01-09-2015 07:17 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]You cannot dig the undigable.

What are you, a fortune cookie?! Thanks Confucious!!! Lol Chuckle

Joe
Ahh very wise.
I was gonna say something but when i read the other comments LMFAO
... Too funny ...

Bones ...

I may not be able to, but my new ATX will! I'll turn around and see you in the dust cloud behind me trying to keep up, lol Chuckle

Joe
Frozen ground cools off electricity and it stops moving--all the power in space where it's very cold has already fallen to Earth that's why the astronauts have to take theirs with them and keep it warm--
(01-09-2015 07:53 PM)Dusty Wrote: [ -> ]Frozen ground cools off electricity and it stops moving--all the power in space where it's very cold has already fallen to Earth that's why the astronauts have to take theirs with them and keep it warm--

Wow, very good, Dusty. Fantastic answer

Joe
Sure, they work just fine on frozen ground, but the digging will kill you .

Trust me, been there, done that. At least I tried.

You may want to try in a heavily wooded area that has some decent ground cover, like old fallen leaves, you will find there is less ground frost to be found in these areas at times.
(01-09-2015 07:39 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]

I may not be able to, but my new ATX will! I'll turn around and see you in the dust cloud behind me trying to keep up, lol Chuckle

Joe

The ATX digs? That would be awesome.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's