Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Minelab Safari
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(01-10-2015 12:06 PM)Firedigger109 Wrote: [ -> ]Also guys if somebody can tell me where I can find andys book on the safari I would greatly appreciate it.  I've looked everywhere. Find the one on the etrac but not the safari?

I don't think he wrote one for the Safari. He did write one for the Musketeer and the Sovereign. Amazon has it for the whopping price of $59.95 The Sovereign is the predecessor of the Safari. I almost bought the Safari myself. But a used SE came along and was such a good deal I could not pass it up. The only real difference is that the VID on the Safari is set to 40 as the max. It uses the FBS to combine the FE CO (FErrous and COnductive) and gives you a single VID digit as an outcome. The SE, Etrac, and CTX split the readings into FE and CO and show you on the screen where the target falls into a category. So essentially you have a better look at the target but, as Joe says and I can attest to, the tone, target size and depth readings are the key factors to decide to dig.

If you follow what Joe has stated above you'll do okay. I know that the SE has made me one on the greatest cherry pickers in the hood over here but that does not mean I don't dig screw caps, cans, slaw, pull tabs etc... I just dig a lot less of them than I used too. If you can put your coil over silver with the Safari, those three things will 8 times out of 10 produce. Memorize those tones and in a month or so you'll know it's silver before you even put the trowel to the dirt.

Ed
Thanks for the advice Ohio, I'll do my best
Try getting the book here: http://mobile.kellycodetectors.com/buy/259-2

Keep in mind, it isn't so easy to track down. It's considered a bible for Quattro/Safari owners, and users of these detectors never get rid of it. Couple that with the Quattro's/Safari's having a smaller user base, which means less printing demand, and you can see why they're tough to find.
(01-10-2015 12:06 PM)Firedigger109 Wrote: [ -> ]Also guys if somebody can tell me where I can find andys book on the safari I would greatly appreciate it.  I've looked everywhere. Find the one on the etrac but not the safari?

I have a Safari coming this week as well...

I was also looking for The Minelab Quattro & Safari Handbook by Andy Sabisch...

My understanding is that they are no longer in print... 

posted on multiple detector for sale/wanted forums and found one within hours after posting...**Thanks Tommy**

This is a good oneBig Grin http://www.treasureclassifieds.com/search/bst_type,BUY/

Hope this help and good luck,
Scooter
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's