Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Remember last winter?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(01-10-2015 09:24 PM)Steveo Wrote: [ -> ]You guys were right it was a TDI and a GPX. I remember the first one I was at in that hot ground most were using the MXT and doing well. Then everyone was using the TDI now most use the 4800 or 5000. I have seen a few ATX. The main thing there now days is depth although there are still nice finds to be found closer to the top.
Last November when I was there I decided I was going deep and forget the load surface signals well I did find deep trash pits 3 of them but nothing but ration can pieces and nails with a cow bone once in a while. You never know when you are going to hit the good one
As for price I don't think its really high for one hunt 3 days runs normally 250.00 but then you have to get there and hotel plus food.
But now you compare that to my trip to England this year for a week  1200.00 for air
hotel one night 100.00 and 7 days detecting 1700.00
Then I come back and go to Virginia DIV for 2 hunts 6 days detecting.
March is full detecting. The main thing about DIV is getting picked to go like 500 people sign up and they limit to around 250

3 days for $250?! I thought it was about $1,000+! Wowzer, that's a DAMN good deal, as on some of those old farms you never know what you'll find. Still, think I'd go for the England trip if I had the choice. I don't know what I'd do if I dug a coin that was thousands of years old. Think I'd be speechless for the first time in my life, lol.

Joe
We have hit a lot of the places in Virginia quite a few times, and they still find a lot of stuff but nothing like the first time. In 3 days the group found over 250 buckles , myself I found a Georgia frame buckle.
But in England 2 years ago I found 2 silver pennys from like 1236 and my friends right next to me got roman silver and brass .
The detectors that are big for England are etrac and 3030 mostly for iron reject and the love they have for silver and copper
(01-11-2015 12:11 AM)Steveo Wrote: [ -> ]We have hit a lot of the places in Virginia quite a few times, and they still find a lot of stuff but nothing like the first time. In 3 days the group found over 250 buckles , myself I found a Georgia frame buckle.
But in England 2 years ago I found 2 silver pennys from like 1236 and my friends right next to me got roman silver and brass .
The detectors that are big for England are etrac and 3030 mostly for iron reject and the love they have for silver and copper

You MUST post those silver pennies, Steve! Think I wouldve crapped my pants, lol. Did you go on the Jimmy Sierra tour? England is where some SERIOUS action is, my friend Wink

Joe
Yeah

I remember last winter PW

it SUCKED just like THIS winter does No

Tongue
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's