Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Remember last winter?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I do. The top photo looks like a TDI coil.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capi...nt-photos/
Good story. Real Die Hards for sure. It does seem as if the Winters are holding on longer though.
That's an AWESOME article!!! And that's what you call HARD CORE diggers!!! I'd be out there, too, sure as shit Happy Omg, that silver badge in the photos would make my CENTURY! Notice the fella digging the trash pit? That what you need to do, Bones.

Joe
(01-10-2015 05:02 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]I do. The top photo looks like a TDI coil.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capi...nt-photos/

I think it's a Tesoro. Hmmm...

Joe
I've heard almost every guy in those DIV hunts uses a PI machine nowadays. If you go down the other one looks like a ML PI coil.

(01-10-2015 06:29 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]That's an AWESOME article!!! And that's what you call HARD CORE diggers!!! I'd be out there, too, sure as shit Happy Omg, that silver badge in the photos would make my CENTURY! Notice the fella digging the trash pit? That what you need to do, Bones.

Joe

Yeah you should Bones. You won't need a snow tent though.
(01-10-2015 07:38 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]I've heard almost every guy in those DIV hunts uses a PI machine nowadays. If you go down the other one looks like a ML PI coil.

(01-10-2015 06:29 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]That's an AWESOME article!!! And that's what you call HARD CORE diggers!!! I'd be out there, too, sure as shit Happy Omg, that silver badge in the photos would make my CENTURY! Notice the fella digging the trash pit? That what you need to do, Bones.

Joe

Yeah you should Bones. You won't need a snow tent though.

That looks like a match. A PI machine is almost manadatory there, as that red dirt is like krypnonite to most lesser detectors. Those hunts are pricey. I'm sure some of those guys weren't going to let a little snow make them miss a minute of valuable hunting time.

Joe
Yeah Joe it would be awesome to go to one of those digs. Just to dig any Civil War relics would be great. Even in the snow. It wouldn't stop me neither.
You guys were right it was a TDI and a GPX. I remember the first one I was at in that hot ground most were using the MXT and doing well. Then everyone was using the TDI now most use the 4800 or 5000. I have seen a few ATX. The main thing there now days is depth although there are still nice finds to be found closer to the top.
Last November when I was there I decided I was going deep and forget the load surface signals well I did find deep trash pits 3 of them but nothing but ration can pieces and nails with a cow bone once in a while. You never know when you are going to hit the good one
As for price I don't think its really high for one hunt 3 days runs normally 250.00 but then you have to get there and hotel plus food.
But now you compare that to my trip to England this year for a week  1200.00 for air
hotel one night 100.00 and 7 days detecting 1700.00
Then I come back and go to Virginia DIV for 2 hunts 6 days detecting.
March is full detecting. The main thing about DIV is getting picked to go like 500 people sign up and they limit to around 250
That's good info and a great comparison for us detecting junkies out there. Thanks for sharing Steveo!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's