Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Wrap Your Grip?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm normally very OCD when it comes to my gear, and I've always made it a habit to wrap my grips in electrical tape. It's MUCH easier to clean! Does anyone else do this, and if so, what do you guys use to wrap with?

Joe
(01-10-2015 06:08 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]I'm normally very OCD when it comes to my gear, and I've always made it a habit to wrap my grips in electrical tape. It's MUCH easier to clean! Does anyone else do this, and if so, what do you guys use to wrap with?

Joe

I run bare Bones ... grip came off on the Etrac and i like the feel better without ...
spins freer in the hand when bush hunting ...

Bones ...
Foam grip on my SE is on it's last leg. I may just wrap the handle area in electricians rubber tape to protect it. Trying to get another foam grip onto the handle is a real chore otherwise. I don't have large hands so maybe some of the fatigue I get in the palm of my hand will go away if I just take the existing grip off and tape it.
(01-10-2015 06:36 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Foam grip on my SE is on it's last leg. I may just wrap the handle area in electricians rubber tape to protect it. Trying to get another foam grip onto the handle is a real chore otherwise. I don't have large hands so maybe some of the fatigue I get in the palm of my hand will go away if I just take the existing grip off and tape it.

I prefer electrical tape, Ed. A lot of guys use the tape stuff kids use to wrap the grips on their bicycles. The foamy type grips most detectors come with get really dirty and are a bitch to clean. With the tape on, just take a moist rag or paper towel and it looks brand new in seconds. Another added bonus is, if you're hunting in the rain, you can easily dry it off. The foam stays wet, holding the water like a sponge. I don't mind a little dirt, but sometimes the foam grips become encrusted with mud and other crap. If you try to take it off, little pieces of the foam rip away. I like tape Happy

Joe
I always wrapped the grip on the Explorer with Electrical tape as well.

CTX has not grip so I just left it as is.
I haven't wrapped any grip as of yet. I clean it when necessary but it's not hard to clean on my DFX.
(01-10-2015 09:37 PM)biggredd1972 Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't wrapped any grip as of yet. I clean it when necessary but it's not hard to clean on my DFX.

Depends on the grip type, Redd. Some of them are those leather kinda things, and they're very easy to clean. But the foamy type ones are a hassle.

Joe
(01-10-2015 09:52 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-10-2015 09:37 PM)biggredd1972 Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't wrapped any grip as of yet. I clean it when necessary but it's not hard to clean on my DFX.

Depends on the grip type, Redd. Some of them are those leather kinda things, and they're very easy to clean. But the foamy type ones are a hassle.

Joe

It's the foam type but a little scrub cleans up fine.
I use this on my E-Trac
Here a video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrxTTF5zacA
Thats a pretty neat cover. may have to pick on up.
here is the link to the Pro Tector website out of the UK.
http://www.pro-tectors.co.uk/
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's