Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Any Ideas???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I found this in a park that was established in 1875.  I have no idea what it is.  Any suggestions.  Thanks in advance.Wink
First, welcome, Creeper! Thanks for joining our community Wink

Going by the pic, I couldn't even venture a guess. Do the ends look like they were attached to something? Are there openings for screws? Any writing or inscription on the piece?

If you can take a better photo, or, answer some of the questions above, I, or some of the others here might be able to crack the mystery.

Joe
Yes, could use better pic, with a quarter next to for size.
Sorry about the wait, I could not remember to bring back into work for better pictures.  Thanks for waiting.
Soory bud, don't know what it was used for, but doesn't look old...nuts look like the nylon lock nuts.
I too, am stumped Sad Deathray is correct however, it does not look that old, I would guess 70's or newer. If it was a very old piece (30's, 40's or earlier), there would most likely be some type of green patina on the piece. It's definitely SOMETHING, but, unless someone specifically has seen or used an item like that, pretty tough to make an I.D.

Go to Treasure Net and post the photos in their whatsit section. They might be able to shed some light on it Yes

Joe
I might be on to something.  This might be part of a homemade kite from the 60's to 70's.  A Tetrahedral Kite, is like a 3D kite.  I came across this picture, recently, and it clicked.  Before posting I thought of a kite, but what part, to hold the string.  I researched spools for kites newer and vintage -- no luck.  I accidently came across this picture, and the time frame seemed to fit.  Does this look familiar?  I'm not saying this is what this is, but for now I'm done with it.  This has been driving me nuts for a awhile.  I appreciate every bodies input.  Thank You.
Uuuuuuummm, not sure about that creeper Think I certainly could be wrong, but, can't see them using metal on a kite, it's usually plastic. Would also be bad in storms, lol. My guess would be something from a piece of machinery or equipment...but not a kite. 

Joe
My best guess going off of where you found it and it not looking to old.... I would say older street lamp part.
It's a tri-bolt 3 legged bolt for a 3 legged Stool

http://www.barefootleather.co.uk/Tri-bolt-for-stool
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's