Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Thousands Of Ancient Coins Found In Field
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
WoW!

Must be nice to have the history that they do over there!

Beer
I think I saw this story before, but, with all of these hordes being found, it's tough to know for sure! It's amazing, these guys hop in the car, drive 20 minutes & find million dollar prizes. Talk about a different mindset!!! When I'm enroute to a hunt, I'm simply hoping to find a handful of silvers and maybe a nice relic piece or two. Getting rich doesn't even enter my mind. Never has. On the other side of the pond, imagine leaving your house in the morning to hunt, knowing that there's a real chance of striking the big one. As minute as the odds may be, the possibility is there. Two different worlds, two different realities.

Joe
Gotta agree with Joe on this. Our possibilities are meager compared to our friends over the pond. They have 2 to 3 thousand YEARS of stuff to dig up. Hence the deep machines and the merchandising there by the bigger detecting manufacturers. Joe said once before that money spent on high end detectors there highly outpaced what we spend here. That's the reason. I think 2015 will be a year of fabulous finds over there. Hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people traversed, lived, died and fought battles in those areas. Who really knows what they may find. It'll be interesting stuff to see though for sure and I am looking forward to it.

Thanks for the post Bullet!!!

Ed
Yes across the pond has an advantage to those types of finds, but that don't mean we have no chance to find a real treasure here. Stories of buried treasures found here in the good ol' USA do happen just not as often.
(01-13-2015 09:27 PM)biggredd1972 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes across the pond has an advantage to those types of finds, but that don't mean we have no chance to find a real treasure here. Stories of buried treasures found here in the good ol' USA do happen just not as often.

Your correct Redd! Let's hope we can "Shock and Awe" them over there in the coming year as far as finds are concerned. That story last year of all those gold coins found by a couple walking their property in California was close but unfortunately, not found by detectorists. We all have to look forward to Mark, Ron, Joe, Andrey, I Dig It and all of us looking at the fabulous adventures, or, and maybe some detectorist chasing the Jesse James hordes. I'd love to see that.

But, in retrospect, we all find stuff that makes each of us proud and respected in our own right. And that's what counts. We found it, it may not be the jackpot, but it is our prize.

For me though, swinging in the woods like I do, it's the mystery. When I find something important, I ask myself, "What in the hell is this doing here?" And that's what turns me into not just a detectorist, but a local historian. Because I not only wonder why, I wonder how. We investigate. We learn. That's the thrill of it. Because then we know so, so much more than the people passing by in cars or jogging on the trails.

We are in it.

And it's only a matter of time.

Ed
Reference URL's