Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Bones is Banned
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
There was an incident involving Bones this morning, which ultimately lead to me banning him.

I believe his temper might've flared over a brief squabble we had in someone's thread. It was a non-issue. Pure ridiculousness. Yet, I PM'd him in the hopes of finding out if maybe there was an underlying issue at play, or if something was bothering him. Not only did I not receive a response, but this is when the incident I mentioned above unfolded.

Seems he took it upon himself to start removing all of his prior threads on this site.

To be clear, I busted my ass to build this place for US, hardcore detectorists. As I've mentioned so many times, this is a community. OUR community. Removing posts/threads from our house is both low & immature behavior, and CLEARLY reveals someone's true character. Further...

It is an overt, direct attemp to undermine the sacrifice, time & hard work that Ed, myself and all contributing members have invested in. Each of those threads he removed, had posts/replies of members that took the time to congratulate him on a nice find, offer praise, etc. There was also much information regarding hunting techniques, detectors and so forth. Value which was robbed. That someone would even THINK of removing them, speaks volumes. This is obviously not someone who should be privileged with membership here.

To be 110% crystal clear, NOBODY, not one single member, will hold my/our feet to the fire, or play games in this house. I will not be strong-armed because of someone's post count, finds, popularity, or any other reason. And if anyone thinks they can, you are surely mistaken.

I have NEVER had to ban a regular, longtime member, and to be honest, it sucks, and I do so with a heavy heart. However, I know this place is MUCH stronger than one or two individuals.

I believe we have something special here. Yet, just like the community in which you live, you only get out what you put in. You reap what you sow.

My apologies for the useless drama & inconvenience.

Joe
Not sure what happened to cause this chain of events,and it doesn't matter. The decision has been made. Bones will be missed. Sorry to see this happen but understand the reason why.
Joe,

We have to do what we do. The spectrum of the membership is more important than one individual.

Ed
Never saw that happening. Sorry to you guys had to do that
Damn. I missed the good part. That sucks you had to do it Joe. Man I always miss the good part.
(01-13-2015 07:44 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Damn. I missed the good part. That sucks you had to do it Joe. Man I always miss the good part.

There was no "good part", Will. It really pained me to enforce the ban, yet, the act of pulling threads is something that I don't take lightly. He's human, just like the rest of us. We're all flawed, and we all err. I wish him no ill will. I think it was a matter of conflicting values, and believe it was necessary to preserve the integrity of our community, moving forward.

Joe
(01-13-2015 07:58 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-13-2015 07:44 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Damn. I missed the good part. That sucks you had to do it Joe. Man I always miss the good part.

There was no "good part", Will. It really pained me to enforce the ban, yet, the act of pulling threads is something that I don't take lightly. He's human, just like the rest of us. We're all flawed, and we all err. I wish him no ill will. I think it was a matter of conflicting values, and believe it was necessary to preserve the integrity of our community, moving forward.

Joe

I know. I was just messing around. I'm sure it was a tough thing for you to do. We will miss Bones, but there has to be some type of rules in any community. We all need to start making more finds now to fill the void.
Rules are rules and we all need to obey them. I know Joe you had a hard time to do this but I back you and the rest of the staff on the call .
Too bad , he was big contributor.
I don't absorb all the posts here but he demonstrated his volatile nature a couple of times that I remember . Always disappointing to not have all the details but I suppose there's much more to the story than Bones would ever disclose anyway so I'll have to go deal with it by tearing the last of my hair out. Still haven't been able to sleep over that Kennnedy thing. Happy
You'll notice that we were able to restore virtually all of the posts that Bones took down. I believe they should be up there for several reasons...

1. They are indeed exceptional finds, regardless of current circumstances
2. We, as a community, invested a lot of time viewing, replying & admiring them. It is OUR shared history
3. Deception never prevails. Someone knocks us down, we WILL get up again Yes

Although he's not a detectorist, and rarely posts unless there is an issue, I consider Gil to be one of the most integral members of our forum. While this debacle certainly wasn't anticipated, Gil did an outstanding job of getting everything back to normal. I love you, buddy!!!

Joe
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's