Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: a few finds from the past
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: th_79DE812E_zps9afce1c0.jpg]
[Image: th_D5015960_zps24ce1f84.jpg]
[Image: th_53AB306A_zpsa7154f30.jpg]
[Image: th_76EBC89E_zps68815bfc.jpg]
1- collar disc WW1 era
2- dollar token the front image is my avatar
3-lead dice
4-small silver ring
Great stuff. I really like the lead dice.
I like it all Redd! You just don't know what you can find out there and except for your silver ring, you got me on three other finds. Nice work!

Ed
Beautiful collar disc, Redd!!! Love it! I found one very similar. What's the story on the dollar token?

Joe
Great finds love them all the ww1 disc is great looks like you can see where the cloth was stuck to it
Found the token at a elementary school it's one of those things you just think it must have been lost from a show and tell day. Scratch your head and ask why a token from Michigan is doing here in Missouri. When I dug it thought it was a half dollar till I cleaned it up a bit. It is a token from upper peninsula Michigan from the best I gather from 1970's or so.
(01-13-2015 10:29 PM)biggredd1972 Wrote: [ -> ]Found the token at a elementary school it's one of those things you just think it must have been lost from a show and tell day. Scratch your head and ask why a token from Michigan is doing here in Missouri. When I dug it thought it was a half dollar till I cleaned it up a bit. It is a token from upper peninsula Michigan from the best I gather from 1970's or so.

Ask Wayne (Michigan Relic Hunter) about the area, as I'm sure he'll be able to provide some insight. Awesome piece!!!

Joe
(01-13-2015 10:22 PM)Steveo Wrote: [ -> ]Great finds love them all the ww1 disc is great looks like you can see where the cloth was stuck to it
It's just that I haven't cleaned it so it's still a little crusty, I liked the way it looks so no cleaning necessary.

(01-13-2015 10:33 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-13-2015 10:29 PM)biggredd1972 Wrote: [ -> ]Found the token at a elementary school it's one of those things you just think it must have been lost from a show and tell day. Scratch your head and ask why a token from Michigan is doing here in Missouri. When I dug it thought it was a half dollar till I cleaned it up a bit. It is a token from upper peninsula Michigan from the best I gather from 1970's or so.

Ask Wayne (Michigan Relic Hunter) about the area, as I'm sure he'll be able to provide some insight. Awesome piece!!!

Joe
When he see's it here I'm sure he'll chime in on it.
Love it man, Good stuff!
Cool stuff BigRed

as for the UP Dollar

I'm not 100% sure but it looks like one of those souvenir pieces they sell up there in a lot of the local shops.

Strange bunch up that way - they do things a bit diff than we do down here in "lower MI"

Beer
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's